Yaqui or Whipped dog for Silvertip,Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Lou D, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Lou D

Lou D New Member

Trying to get info on which one has the better quality silvertip knot in a 24 mm,I know it is all subjective to the individual but one should be better than the other in quality.Thanks for any info.Lou

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Guess it depends on where they are sourced from.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Yaqi is the biggest brush and knot supplier in China. Chances are probably pretty good that the knots Larry at Whipped Dog sells are made by Yaqi. I had a 24mm Yaqi silver tip and it was much too floppy for my tastes. I prefer a bit of backbone so a two band knot is the sweet spot for me. What qualities are you looking for in a knot?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  4. Lou D

Lou D New Member

Thanks for the replies.Looking for some backbone for exfoliation in face lathering.I know Larry at Whipped dog can set the knot a little lower for some more backbone but still be soft.

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Most two band finest knots these days are quite soft while still having a bit of backbone. I have two Yaqi 24mm finest brushes and Yaqi 26mm finest and the knots are all very soft on the face while still delivering backbone. If you want to go even softer I would recommend the Maggard SHD knot or the Turn N Shave Tip knot, they both still provide plenty of backbone but have super soft gel tips.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I find the WD brushes are still floppy, even when set deeper.

Linuxguile likes this.