Hi from Scotland

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Reills, May 10, 2019.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Reills likes this.
  2. Reills

Reills Member

I'm just along the road in Falkirk @Billyfergie :)

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Reills

I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Reills likes this.
  4. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Hello, glad you joined us. Welcome & hope you join in!

5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD Reills! Enjoy!

6. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Hello....another Glasgow member here

7. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

hello from Washington state usa and welcome glad to know you

8. Yo Wan

Yo Wan Well-Known Member

Hello from Belgium Al, and welcome aboard.

9. Reills

Reills Member

thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) unfortunately due to work location and internet restrictions I haven't been on much so apologies for the delay in responding

RyX and Hembree like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Real Life happens. No apologies needed. Glad you made it back. Hope you are getting good shaves!

Did your Koraat arrive?

11. Reills

Reills Member

Ahhh the Koraat!! There's a story, it arrived but I hadn't arrived home from my rotation so it was sent back to Europe lol the seller has very kindly agreed to keep it for me and post it again once I am home. Looking forward to my first shave with it, it's been a long time coming :)

My shaves have been ok mate but I seem to be having trouble maintaining edges. I had my TI sent down to James and he honed it for me and it was excellent but it seems my stropping is poor as it is not shaving as good as it did. I brought some Chromox with me on this rotation and have used that on the reverse of my strop-it super 77 after every 10 or so shaves (10 laps followed by my regular 50 lap strops on english bridle) but still I'm unable to keep a decent edge. Think I need some practical guidance. My Boker seems to hold an edge better for longer but still not as comfortable as it was.

RyX likes this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's my stumbling block for open blades. There's both time and money investments needed to make honing or maintaining straight razors a practical matter. You have razors that were sharp, but need touch ups. I'll let more experienced folks speak to that.

I keep reading about that CrOx powder to sprinkle on linen strops, and film in various grades, even ceramic Barber's hones that are very fine grit. Those don't work for setting a bevel - only to put a fresh edge on a well sharpened blade.

I get lost in the details, but TSD Members have been sharing their knowledge in threads like THIS ONE.

brit likes this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome to TSD from here in western NY.

14. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, Al.

Greetings to Scotland from
    Patrick, Switzerland