Proraso After Shave Lotion (Green) - Opinions

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Jun 26, 2019.

1. idan

idan Active Member

Hello everyone:
    what do you think of Proraso After Shave Lotion(Green)?
    1. he is does the job in terms of soothing irritation and redness, and maybe help to prevent ingrown hairs/razor bumps?
    2. after using it the face is with moisturizing? , Or it just drying the face?

[​IMG]

Many Thanks
    have a nice day :)

brit, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

For the 2 points you make, I prefer the Proraso menthol / green aftershave balm. No greasy after feel. Something I'll always have.

The primary ingredients are alcohol, water, witch hazel. I like it for the alcohol zing, the menthol cooling, and a gentle manly fragrance.

As far as ingrowns and razor bumps, for me they were highly equipment related. Once I got away from the Mach III and went to a single bladed tool things got much better.

brit and RyX like this.
  3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've used their sandalwood for years. It's soothing and the scent is pleasant without overpowering. Plus, most important, my wife likes it.

EDC, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I like it

edit: it works well enough and the scent is pleasant, though I usually gravitate towards the more complex artisan splashes in my collection

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    brit, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've liked the Green splash from the first use. It's light on menthol compared to other companies products, but a noticeable cooling effect. Also like the Red (sandalwood) splash. Living in a high humidity environment - Gulf Coast, USA - I prefer the less oily effects of alcohol based splashes over balms. When I ordered I thought I was getting the White balm, but got the Blue. It's a fairly thick lotion that absorbs well and moisturizes for dry winter days. The scent of the Blue reminds me of muscadine or scuppernog grapes picked fresh off the vine.

Edison Carter and DesertTime like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

green and red are awesome aftershaves..i use the both frequently..

RyX likes this.
  7. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

It's my number one choice. I buy it in the 400ml sized "barber" bottle and refill the small square 100ml sized one in your photo. To me, it's almost as cooling (from a menthol standpoint) as Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue, but is a much "fresher" scent and feels a little cleaner and less sticky than AV Blue. It is an extremely well crafted scent.

RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

At times after drying, I thought it reminded me a little of a Green Irish Tweed dupe I have.

RyX likes this.
  9. Skulmoski

Skulmoski Member

Like that! I did not know Proraso have a big boy size of my favourite Green Aftershave Lotion!

RyX likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Great juice with a classic Italian Barbershop scent. Not drying to my face at all.

RyX likes this.