How many aftershaves do you own?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Rusty blade, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is it triple-milled, or soft?(I have both types). Amd I, too, need to pare down some.

2. Paul Turner

I may try it sometime, but I'll say I'm glad it's available on the Clubman site...I suppose it should be, as Jeris and Pinaud are in concert with one another.

3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I think it's triple milled but I'm not really sure. It's a pretty hard soap, although there is a little give when I press my finger into it. So maybe it isn't triple milled.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

DA MAN!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  5. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I’m only 8 months new to DE but right now I only have OldSpice “Lime” and a dollar store fresh sent AF but not to worry I have my eyes on Clubman and many others!
    All my best- Mike

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Over a hundred

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It may be closer to two hundred, while I was away in the hospital my lovely wife and daughter decided to "clean up" my den. Well a ton of stuff went deep into the closet and under the bed. If I have the soap, and an aftershave was available, I bought it. Paul it's a sickness, I believe I'm cured. ;)

brit, RyX, John Beeman and 1 other person like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

200?
    Dang, I’ve got some more collecting to do.

brit, RyX, Mike-R41 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Clubman's a true classic. I knew that long before I came on here(TSD). I'm glad I've discovered "many others" too :).

RyX and Mike-R41 like this.
  10. Mike-R41

Witch others do u recommend???

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I think YES! After I finish this post, I'm going to splash some on.
    Pinaud line? The Clubman is Old School barbershop powdery, very similar to Canoe cologne if you've tried it. The Veg (Lilac Vegetal) - Are you Chosen? The two limes - Citrus Musk & Lime Sec are to my liking but others might think too sweet. Special Reserve is Indiana Jones in a leather jacket with a cigar, to be worn outdoors or in moderation. Osage Rub - menthol of the eye burning, don't get it on sensitive tissues strength. I've only tried one of the new line - Whiskey Woods; pleasant but weak sauce compared to the old standards. I'm not a Bay Rum fan so I don't own Virgin Island. There's also Musk & Vanilla but I have a cabinet full so those'll have to wait. I recall a vendor that offered small sample sized sets of bottles. that would let you try a bunch for about the low price of one full sized bottle. Pinaud does two things well; Low prices & lots of scent oil in their mix. The bottles tend to be cheap and may impart an off scent. Save your hot sauce empties and decant.
    Pinaud Products.gif

brit, Primotenore and Mike-R41 like this.
  12. Mike-R41

Indiana Jones leather jacket with a cigar for real though ? Lmao if that’s not a good description I don’t know what it is !!!

RyX and brit like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Don't let VIBR turn you off to Bay Rum, Rick. It's not representative of the scent.

RyX likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Special Reserve- I call it "Pinaud At The OK Corral"...
    Country Club Shampoo
    Hair-Styling Gel
    - they say on the shampoo that no "styling" is needed, but sometimes I finish off with the gel. I'm still learning the "a little goes a long way" thing :).

RyX likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I wasn't too crazy about Indiana Jones...I think I can safely substitute Jack Palance for IJ.

Mike-R41 and RyX like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Joseph, I'm glad you confirmed what I always was afraid of with VIBR.

RyX likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Y'know, I never knew until just a few months ago that Osage was part of the Clubman group.

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Mostly clove in BR I avoid. Not sensitive or allergic. Just not a scent I enjoy. Does Pinaud VIBR have some or any? I assume it's present in all of the category.

The other I avoid is black liquorice or anise. I can enjoy it in small quantities but not too forward.

Tapatalk Spam Tag

brit likes this.
  19. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Last trip to CVS I smelled their Deep brand of aster shave. It was really nice. I wanted to buy it then and there, but...

I already have 4 full bottles of AS (Proraso green and red, Clubman and PAA Boardwalk Barbershop), at least 20 Stirling Samples, 10 Chiseled Face Samples, 5 Ogllallah samples, 3 Fine Samples, 2 B&M Samples, 2 Mickey Lee soapworks samples, 1 ToBS and 1 Captains Choice sampler. And that’s not counting 5 balms (2 Stirling, 1 CC, Proraso Green, Lucky Tiger and Nivea.

...so Deep will need to wait. But it looks like wonderful bang for the buck!

RyX and MntnMan62 like this.
  20. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Chiseled Face Bay Rum is delightful. I don’t like clove either. I love this, and do not discern any clove at all, really.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.