Anyone else scored a Ruby Red Creeper set by THB?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Angelo85, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Did you get The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper set?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to buy The Holy Black’s Ruby Red Creeper set earlier this evening and wanted to know if any of my fellow Shave Den members score a set as well? I've been curious about THB Creeper line for over a year now and feel excited to be having a set soon added to my collection.

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like the vibe the company has set as their style, but haven't tried their products yet. Tell us about it when you try it out!

Angelo85 likes this.
  3. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I saw all the pre-release advertising and did not bother. Because; 1) all that hipe and limited-ness is kind of a turn off to me. 2) I've got plenty of other sets in waiting that are way more accessible on the list to try.

But if you're happy, I'm happy for you.

brit, RyX, Steve56 and 2 others like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

Steve56 likes this.
  5. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I tried to order about 20 minutes after the email came out. I got to the payment screen and got a notice it was sold out. :(
    I hope you enjoy it. Give us a review
    I also hope you score the big ruby!

Keithmax, RyX and Angelo85 like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd they're off! We have NO jumping into a quick lead(can't say more than that since this is the first day of the Survey Open, chuk yuk).

Angelo85 likes this.
  7. Weasel640

Yup this. In my opinion there is no reason for this. I got it the limitedness helps it sell... But to be sold out in 20 mins every time then they clearly know they are not making enough. Also I feel they have become a magnet for people trying to turn a profit off THB limited releases. I think they sell out so quickly because you have people buying 2-3 sets or more just for the sole propose of reselling them at a ridiculous mark up. For instance when the Jeckyll and Hyde box set came out, shortly after I saw people raffling them off for $10 a spot at 30 spots. When people want to legitimately buy and use the set can't, because they got scalped out of their cart like what happened to Rhody then I do have a issue with that hype.

I much prefer the way Barester and Mann does their limited releases. If you missed out on B&M's limited release it's entirely on you. They normally make enough for those that want it that year. If you are on the fence you still have a few days to decide. Their Leviathan for instance, was out for long enough that I was able to get it as a gift from my Xmas list. For their regular Annual releases Maggards even does samples, like Hallows. They also have posted their next three projected limited releases.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Primotenore, brit, Rhody and 2 others like this.
  8. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I never had a good shave with my Lavender creeper unfortunately so I didn’t jump on this one despite the scent sounding amazing. My TTH has been great though all around great shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

300 x $100. Pretty much says it all.

I think @Weasel640 is right they dont limit the # of sets you can buy for it to go that fast. Sold out while i was literally entering payment. After the disappointment i told myself i just made $100!

5 people voted here so far so clearly the buyers (soon to be re sellers) are not on this site. Probably not end user buyers.

RyX likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i generally don't buy limited sets..if i really liked it i would want to rebuy it when its been used up..

Hembree and RyX like this.
  11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Dunno what this is all about, but I suspect it is the reason why johnnie walker blue has a sales point of $200 to $300 per bottle. Or whisle pig has a price point of $499.

It is all in the marketing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_People

Hembree, RyX and brit like this.
  12. Weasel640

This is why I like B&M's model. There is somewhat of any annual schedule. Last year I got a sample of Hallows from Maggard with the intention of getting it this year if I like it. I do like it. But scored the set on the PIF table at Big Shave S'West. So PIFed the sample I had to a friend starting out...

Hembree, RyX and brit like this.
  13. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

Yeah I'm never going to be a buyer of their stuff at their prices. Limited edition doesn't justify a hefty premium to me (lets not even get started about what people will buy/sell them at on the 'bay), especially for a product that doesn't perform all that great from what I've read...

Hembree and brit like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Well said. I am so over this marketing ploy. Utter BS.

Hembree and brit like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Has anyone checked to see if the Flippers are listing this product on auction sites? If I was the producer I'd take note that there's more profit to be made from either producing more, or charging more per too limited of a supply.

TSD Rules do not allow posting links to Open auctions. Buy It Now listings are acceptable. Financing a soap & aftershave at $28 per month for a year's payments... Note that the seller has accepted best price offers. ;)

16. Weasel640

I know some people have gotten it. But dang it's up before everyone has gotten their order. That asking price is rough. At least the people that raffle it make it more affordable for the people that win it.

Keithmax, RyX and brit like this.
  17. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

18. tspierce78

tspierce78 Active Member

Snagged some of this set and the soap’s scent is subtle sweet grapefruit, not rind. It’s pretty soft soap where a little goes a long way. The cushion is sufficient and very slick. The menthol like creeper part is a nice touch and definitely not overpowering. I’d suggest using a cartridge or DE razor if less experienced with how menthol or the like add a numbness when shaving and how this may impact the pressure you need apply especially with a str8.

I’ll be the first to admit I also resell or “flip” soaps, especially limited editions (LE) to include my own resells on the ‘Bay of this set. I tend to do this to recoup what I spend on my personal purchases and make a marginal profit most of the time. That said, I also am a buyer of resold items picking and choosing what’s worth it to me. I tend to break even overall as I’m an avid collector of soaps, aftershaves, etc.

Would I like to see a more readily available, cheaper supply? Of course! Are LEs and reselling of them fair? Depends on your perspective. I have the want and means and the vendor wants to sell using the LE marketing model to make their profits. Win, win. Are people going to miss out and be upset by this or the even higher price of a reseller? Surely. However, it’s inevitable with LEs. Even if all items were only sold one per buyer, there’s only so many per drop. I do PIF some items and I’m entertaining raffles. At the end of the day though, it’s first come first serve and not everyone is going to get served.

The resell pricing is supply and demand driven too. I’ve tried listing items at 100% markup and had no luck selling them until I got down damn near the original price plus shipping. Other times I’ve been lucky and find buyers who like me will pay ridiculous prices for FOMO or because they just got to have it.

That’s my 50 cents anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to get anything from them. I really like what they've created as a brand but can't be bothered playing the game of trying to score sets anymore.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I like the concept of the brand, but I won't support them for various reasons. I have nothing against people that do, and they did make things right eventually.

FYI, use the code: WICKED to get 10% off any order from them.

brit, Keithmax and Frijolero like this.