The Haul: July 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the haul, please share all new shaving related acquisitions here, oh heck, please share interesting family friendly new finds as well.
    We LOVE pictures! Lots and lots of pictures.
    Thank you for making TSD the best dang shaving forum on the internet.
    Kerry:shaver

Linuxguile, Terry, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  2. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac Active Member

My latest "acquisition" is the tin to the left, Trigodon Woodland Umber handmade shave soap. Smells GREAT and lathers really good too. So far I like it. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail called today

[​IMG]

Plunder smells very smoky like burning smoke from a bushfire when I open the tub, and does anybody knows what Grog smells like according to the scent label.

I have no idea what frozen space smells like when I opened the tub of Orbit according to the scent label, any idea’s or do I have to send an email to NASA and asked them what frozen space smells like.

4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

69B5FE53-C370-495B-B47A-568D36AF4DDD.jpeg Ruby Red Creeper came in the mail this morning. I must be the first to get this delivered and post photo of it.

5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very nice.......very nice!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

The inside of a space suit? Those are still a personalized item, so I guess it just smells like who ever owns it.
    Sigorney Weaver.jpg
    That soap uses that new non-natural cooling chemical. I think scientists isolated the cooling effect to a single chemical. Same feel as menthol without the scent.

7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

:signs021:

This Noble Otter shaving substance keeps showing up in posts on TSD. And I just started a ‘No Buy July’. :angry032:

But....hey, there’s always August! :git:

8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

2BEB9431-1DC2-4AD8-9BEF-C7E62F85D94F.jpeg
    Custom Kamisori from Christopher at ShaveSmith. Started the order in early May, just delivered. 01 high carbon steel. Buster design, square handle. Mounted on customized wood signed display, which was nicely wrapped, placed in a army green, heavy duty nylon full size dopp bag, which was put into a nice ShaveSmith cotton drawstring bag, which was bubble wrapped and in a USPS priority mail shipping box. Also included is a very nice ‘watch size’ black velvet covered clasp box for storing the blade in between shaves, and a hand written Thank You note. Packaging overkill, but all very nice professional touches. First use tomorrow!

9. Hembree

That is a bad looking boy. Congrats Blair on an awesome razor.

10. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Mail call Tonight’s shave. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very cool. Of course I had to go a searchin'. And...I'm waiting for your notes on using :happy088:

The Stirling site description just says to my newbie fragrance palette.....'citrus lavender'...then 'Idontknowhowblahallthosecombinationsblahsmelltogether'.

But with a name like that....it's got to be pretty good?

12. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Danny! It is a bad boy. Already bit me while unpacking (like a silly paper cut, but still....:angry019:).

Frijolero, Linuxguile and Hembree like this.
  13. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

In the Sterling thread on TSD there a link to its sale. If there’s any left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter, Frijolero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  14. Hembree

I don't think that is a good sign. I think y'all two need to get to know each other a little better before the shave.

brit, Linuxguile and b1hart like this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Thanks to @BigD for the package! Can't wait to try the stuff out

Attached Files:

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Max. Got him today off Craigslist, like I do all my dogs.

20190701_161736_800x450_800x450.jpg
    20190701_175052_800x535.jpg
    20190701_175402_800x450_800x450.jpg

Six months old or so, supposedly Lab (does have webbed paws) and maybe Newfoundland mix. He's a pussycat...calm, alert, cuddly, and already acts right at home. Don't think he'll be a monster but he may get big.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Based on (I'm fairly sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong) H.M. by Hanae Mori. I've already ordered & received, but haven't used yet. From the puck it's light and fruit scented, edible - could be the black currant. The AS seems a little more lemon forward. My thought may change when I use both together. The 30 Day Crew Leader Neal @NCoxSTL & Rod @ezlovan of Stirling Soap Company collaborated to bring the Limited Edition Blood On Steel out for the 2019 TSD St. Louis Meet Up. The scent will still be available when the LE labels run out. It may be labeled with a different name (?).

If anyone has further or more correct info, please set the record straight!

18. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

How would you smell space outside of the space suit, because, there no air in space and you’ll dead less than a minute before we could get an answer

19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

THAT...is going to be a good dog. Smart, a little mischievous side possibly, but, a darn good dog.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Wonderful to adopt them. Good work!!

Hembree, AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.