Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by bigsam1957, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

2. bigsam1957

bigsam1957 Member

Hi Rev. I think I talked to you on another forum.

Rev579 likes this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome sir.

4. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Yes you did.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi @bigsam1957 ...Welcome to TSD. I have shave soaps from two Texas-based companies-The Soap Exchange, and Central Texas soaps.

6. bigsam1957

bigsam1957 Member

Hello Paul. Of the two, would you recommend one over the other?

7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Welcome, and Sic ‘Em Bears! Not trying to steal Paul’s thunder, but if you are looking for a home grown soap with a Texas vibe, Noble Otter out of Houston is, in my opinion, your best bet. It’s a top tier soap.

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

10. bigsam1957

bigsam1957 Member

Tks. I'll check em out.

11. José Santos

José Santos Active Member

Welcome from Portugal!

12. Paul Turner

@BaylorGator DID walk off with my thunder, but I won't bring that up. Anyway, he's right...but Noble&Otter is a little too expensive for me. The other two fit my budget better. I'd say all 3 of those companies have "Texas vibe"(I feel better now, I walked off with HIS thunder.)

BaylorGator likes this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

14. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

hello from Washington state and welcome to the den

15. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD, glad you decided to join up. We have a good time here talking 'bout a little bit of everything!

16. bigsam1957

bigsam1957 Member

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to the forum. Looking forward to being a member here.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Hard to say. With Central Texas Soaps, you have the option of getting a soap and aftershave of same scent. I will be making such a purchase later in the summer(Week-end Rodeo). It's been a while since I've used my soaps from the two companies, but only because I don't consider them comfortable enough for me in warm weather(although there are warm weather choices offered by each company). The Soap Exchange product prices are a little less expensive than Central Texas Soaps, depending on which types you buy(at TSE). I'd say both are very good-maybe a slight edge to The Soap Exchange for the fact that they have natural ingredients-perhaps more "skin-friendly", and, as I say, some of the products are less expensive than most CTS products. But I like both companies and will continue to buy from both. Hope all this helps. Oh, I should add that when I bought my CTS soap(Grandpa's Barbershop)the soaps still had Bentonite Clay-but since my purchase the owner replaced the clay with other ingredients. The Soap Exchange offerings have Kaeolin Clay.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  18. bigsam1957

bigsam1957 Member

Gonna try them out on my next soap purchase. May be a few months. Also thinking about trying my hand at making my own. Researching it at this point. May be as far as I go with it. Thanks for the info.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

20. geogil

geogil Member

Welcome along!