NB'19

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Troy M, Dec 27, 2018.

?

Are you in?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Conditionally...

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I'm just here to watch

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm still in and just finished off a tub of TOBS recently. Once I make it through current product, I only have a puck of MWF, Stirling ES, 2 small tubes Russian Creams, and 18 Arko sticks. Yes it is a lot of crap, but it has come a long way. I have no plans to buy any soft goods, but I may end up dropping out if I get motivated. The knot in my father's Vulfix 404 fell apart. I think I am going to get something to replace it so I can keep it in rotation.

Screwtape, Troy M, Drygulch and 2 others like this.
  2. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still in... Am on my last tub of soap, and I'm already out of creme.

So guess I'll soon switch over to my shaving sticks so I can make it through the year... I have 3 Wilkinson Swords sticks, and a couple each of Speick, La Toja and Tabac, so I shoild make it to the finish line. And if worse comes to worse I have 9.75 sticks of Arko, which could probably last me well into the next century! ;)

I still have a few years' worth of DE blades but it will be fun to buy soap/cream product again next year after 3 years of NB!

CarlfromMO, Primotenore, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Still in....

Frijolero, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

King of the castle...

Frijolero, dbersh and brit like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

We've passed the halfway point (noon Tuesday, I believe.) Downhill now!

I'm still in. And I'm up to 52 soaps, 6 creams, and 15 aftershaves/edts sold.

Primotenore, PanChango and brit like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You sold all those? How many do you have LEFT to complete the mission?

Frijolero and brit like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Only 18, eh?

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I went a little stupid when I saw it for $10 a case on amazon and bought 3 of them. I am happy to have worked through half of it... Still a long way to go.

Frijolero, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  9. Frijolero

I still have 102 soaps and 22 creams. Not counting backups of a handful. I don't have a specific target that I'm working toward. Just a vague "less."

10. brit

brit in a box

i see many shaves in your future sir..;)

Frijolero likes this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Aside from a small partial tube of Russian cream (CTAPT) that I don't want to burn through, I am completely out of shave cream. I picked some up today and because I made use of their buy 2 get 1 free and a $20 gift card to BBW, I am now out. All in, I was able to purchase 3 of the large CO Bigelow tubes for $1.20. I didn't feel like leaving money on the table and there is nothing else in that store that I want so I made the purchase. I don't see me buying anything else until I am out of shave cream again.

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  12. CliffDweller

Still in... I found another tub of DR Harris lavender cream I had forgotten about, so I'm on my very last cream/soap and whenever I finish that I'll be using my shaving sticks for the remainder of the year as I hit the home stretch.

Coincidentally my wife is pregnant and due around December 20, so I'll need to re-up my stock of soaps right around the same time the stork arrives. :cool:

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096::happy093::scared011: Very :signs021:!! You first child?

BTW I'm still in as well.

CliffDweller, Frijolero and brit like this.
  14. CliffDweller

Thanks Enrico! Yep our first kid. I got married late and we're having this kid late so she will probably be our first & only child. We're super-stoked!

Congrats on still being in NB'19, not many of us left it seems!

Frijolero, brit and PanChango like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Congratulations. That's very exciting news.

Frijolero, brit and CliffDweller like this.
  16. Frijolero

I'm still in. Maybe partly because I don't have much time to buy anything lately.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

CliffDweller and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

congrats to those who are still in.i will get there one day..;)

18. CliffDweller

October is upon us, we're in the home stretch for the year... I'm still in and will start to make my list of soaps & creams to buy once 31 December rolls around as I am almost entirely out... 3 Years of No Buy has finally allowed me to catch up on my stock and it'll be fun to re-load! (will aim to be a little more judicious in my adds this time, famous last words)

Primotenore, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I in as well. :D

:eatdrink047:

20. CliffDweller

December is here -- one more month to go. I am down to using shaving sticks, so it will be fun to replenish my soaps and creams as soon as January 1 roles around.