Schick E Case, Quick and Easy Fix........

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Jul 6, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Many of you know that when getting a similar case, the red paper lining is either torn, faded or both. Along with the exterior of the case having wear down to the cloth pattern underneath. This is just a way to make it look better without a complete restore, which in most cases is good enough. The first three pics showing the condition of the case as I got it today, seller's pics..........
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Basically it involves having two paint colors, red and black. In my case, I used Apple Barrel Tuscan Red. After a little gluing, I rubbed the red in with my finger until I got a pretty even coat, while getting as close as possible to the logo on the top lining. Then I brushed on a thin coat Acrylic Semi-Gloss Polyurethane with a brush to protect the finish. That will also bring out the black color on the logo. On the outside, I glued what loose fabric there was and brushed on a thin coat of black, also adding a thin coat of clear. The last three pics of the finished case and new home for my Canadian Schick E..........
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg

IAmTheJody, Tedolph, Enrico and 7 others like this.
  2. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Wow! Looks fantastic Jim!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

very nice Jim..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

brit likes this.
  5. pj3r

pj3r Well-Known Member

Great job! Respect!

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Looks great ...... I might have some work for you!

:eatdrink047:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

anytime Keith