The Complete Schick G Type Injector Series

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Billyfergie, Sep 15, 2015.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

yep i also had to let someone on another site on an old thread know that his had been mis-identified as a g1 i thought the person should know what he has or had at least. these things it has been found had so many little special off shoots that its crazy.

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Gold deluxe model for $1.25 was advertised alongside the 66 in 1948 and 49.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  3. jaro

The deluxe had the standard cream handle though not the 66 dark blue handle. Thanks for the ad though its cool.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    RyX and jmudrick like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Gotcha, thanks.

jaro likes this.
  5. jaro

Thanks for the replies. Yeah thats what was throwing some of us for a loop the blue handle gold tops look similar to multiple diff razors but not quite. They have the markings that we know make it a g series and then they have the g4 handles but the 4 has chrome head and these have deluxe color head so someone at a collectibles site figured out they were called and i dont know if thats officially or more affectionately know as the g4a. A subset of the 2 as mine isnt the only one so we know its not a frankenrazor but an official release.

RyX likes this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I think the blue handle is just another Deluxe, it came in an identical box packaged with the same 20 blades .

7. jaro

according to the collectors sites and individuals i have contacted it was called the g4a the deluxe razors had the cream color. that is why there are not that many of the blue 66 g4a out there and why on certain auction sites they are marked high. that auction site by the way is NOT who i talked to about the razor or any of their individuals either. thanks

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It wasn't called a G4a until some guy on the forums decided to call it that, just to be clear. Schick called the gold razor packaged with 20 blades in 48-49 their Deluxe model , regardless of handle color.

9. jaro

ok fine the gold handle can be called deluxe but only the cream handle did the deluxe come. but thanks anyway and have a nice day.

10. jaro

and it wasnt on any forums that i was told that about the g4a

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Don't think so but whatever.

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Schick did not give their razors codes was my point. A modern collector did. Just as there are multiple E2 variants -- because Schick never called them E2s, there could be lots of G variants yet to be named.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  13. jaro

i understand that they called them schick or eversharp schick injectors. i didnt say they were called that by schick but if you look the deluxe came with butterscotch handles. a google search shows that. this particular razor according to all the research i have done so far which i intend to continue to do says the blue and gold was a rare combo so thats why not alot of them are seen. and for this one to have been given to me by a friend who has an antique store was kind of cool to say the least...

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

This is the Deluxe box with 20 blades , and that is a blue handle. You can call it a pineapple if you want but Schick's naming convention only had a standard 66 and a $1.25 Deluxe mode in 48-49 so it's pretty clear to me that's what it is, a Deluxe, blue though it may be. An eBay search turns up four of these either currently on offer or recently sold. It's not a unicorn.

Congratulations on the score, use it in good health.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  15. jaro

16. jaro

i know the ad on ebay he originally had it listed as a type e notice he made revisions on the ad because i had him check that it had the 2 patent numbers which meant it was a g type but he didnt change all the info he already had listed just the type part. i can send you the email from him thanking me for catching that.

17. jaro

heres the ad currently. with the pic You sent. example1.jpg

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sorry I don't know what point you are trying to make, I know it's a G. There are, as I mentioned three others. If somebody wants to call it a G4a or a G5xt I have no dog in the fight.

19. jaro

i understand i was just showing there is plenty of mixed info out there saying different stuff. honestly we may never know unless schick replies to my request... i guess we will see. well im going to bed so have a good night/ day.

20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

What is it exactly that which we may never know? It's what collectors call a G. It's what Schick called a Deluxe, we know from the 20 blade box, likely from 48-49 . It's a less common but not exactly unknown blue handle versions as there are multiple examples appearing on auction. Guess I'm not seeing the great mystery. If it's the collector's database that has you flummoxed, know that they are often incomplete or wrong.