british stirling and english leather

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by rbilly, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The older I get, the better I smell. :)

Enrico, RyX, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy102:

Paul Turner, RyX and brit like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Actually, makes great sense....I guarantee you won't find any AXE used by the 60+ age group.

Enrico, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy088:

RyX and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

they are hard to twist open ..;):scared003:

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Me too....my Pop was so hip....To want to smell like him was the best decision...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  7. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I have never understood when people bring up stuff like old spice, British Stirling, aqua velva, skin braces, ECT and people laugh and make some comment about smelling like a grandfather. My grand fathers have been gone for some time and wearing those older aftershave help remind me of them. Not to mention I know those aftershave were great because if not I wouldn't be here.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

On your music quotes, you forgot to add what Jimi Hendrix said about Terry Kath's(Chicago)guitar-playing: "This cat is better than me!"(Or words to that effect).

NTR and brit like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Avon Leather also smells great as well. I count myself fortunate when I can get it in an Avon haul.

gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  10. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I have a full bottle of Avon leather, the bottle looks like the Capitol. It's smells great, not as sweet as English leather and I'm assuming it has more staying power, I feel like Dana waters down their stuff more so then in the past.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yep!! Jimi had just heard the new group "Chicago" live, and he went up to their saxophone player; Walt Parazaider and said: "Walt, the horns are like one set of lungs...And your guitar player is better than me."

Documented fact.... But Jimi was a big Jazz Fan...he loved Coltrane and Miles Davis....Chicago was a super pop band that implemented enough Jazz technigues to actually be bordering on Jazz Fusion...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk