What I didn't buy today

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Frijolero, Feb 6, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

A Cooper Monobult. It went passed my spending limit. I did recognize the TSD member who had the high bid, but got sniped at the last minute. cooper monobuilt.jpg

gorgo2, PLANofMAN, BigD and 6 others like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Nice. I'm assuming it way above my limit too.

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Maybe not. The Cooper sold for $34.00 plus shipping. Not an unreasonable price and I'm less upset that I didn't get it than for our TSD Member that got sniped at the last minute. Unless it was another member who did!

That Toggle I was watching went for $376. My only hope for one of those is a local estate or garage sale and an uninformed seller.

Rev579, brit, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What I didn't buy today? A soap from Bill Neumann&Co. (Wm., Neuman, that is, but I'm just being me, chuk yuk). Why. Because I don't need anything from that company yet. That time will come :).

RyX, brit and Frijolero like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

RyX, Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

True. I don't post every item that whizzes past my screen.

There was a lot of 14 that sold for six bucks per piece, probably some profit to be made reselling a couple.
    14 pieces.jpg

Another that I was really interested in, but the bidding popped in the last couple days. At a little over $14 each I'd really would have to start buying hone next.
    55 pieces.JPG
    Got my eye on 18 pieces of J A Henckels cutlery. With 5-1/2 days still to go it's at less than a buck a piece. The serious bidders hold out until the last couple hours.
    18 pieces.JPG

gorgo2, brit and Frijolero like this.
  7. José Santos

José Santos Active Member

Hi,

I just saw this on ebay, and I think I wont sleep :drool:

Attached Files:

Frijolero, gorgo2, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  8. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I saw one last week sold for $33 BIN.

:angry019:

Frijolero, brit and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Too much good vintage in one lot. I'd have split those up.
    Ouch, and you didn't get it? That seller didn't know what her husbands estate gear was worth. I've seen a number of desirable vintage pieces come up on an auction site that gets all their merch via donations. It must hurt to see the gear you donated selling for hundreds of bucks. I feel just fine buying pieces in the wild for less than market value from uninformed sellers. It balances out the folks who's starting prices are set looking at the bay.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  10. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I bid the first bid.

$1.00

RyX, Frijolero, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  11. José Santos

José Santos Active Member

I saw one bottom dial being sold on ebay for almost 1300€ =xx

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A Keen Kutter leather case in excellent condition

If someone knows what this thing is worth or wants it, I'll pick it up tomorrow. I thought my picture got the price but once I got home I noticed it was turned around. I can't remember but I want to say it was either $20 or $50. I'm going to guess $20 since $50 seems high but I just can't remember.

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg

Enrico and brit like this.
  13. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Almost bought a Cooper today. Resisted because that particular model required modified blades.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Enrico and brit like this.