Looking for a Witch-Hazel scented like AdP Colonia with menthol to use as Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey,

As the description says. I want to find a simple mentholated witch hazel that has an Acqua di Parman Colonia type lemony scent. I've ordered the Acqua di Parma Shaving cream but I don't think I need a potent smelling aftershave balm/splash, just something light and refreshing to finish the shave, then I will put on the finishing fragrance/cologne. Can anyone recommend a good product that matches what I'm looking for?

2. brit

brit in a box

thayers makes a lemon witch hazel/astringent.has alcohol and aloe..you could add menthol as i do..they may have the non alcohol toner as well. 20190724_191108.jpg

jgreenepa and RyX like this.
  3. ddillas

ddillas New Member

Inspirazion Di Parma (or just Parma Inspirazion) by Catie's Bubbles made for Razor Blades and More. The matching soap is amazing too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Not exactly AdP but is really great stuff:
    Pereja lemon cologne

[​IMG]
    Amazon.com....veddy inexpensive and super refreshing, tis a staple in every Turkish household.
    Also: Bogazici Lemon Cologne

[​IMG]
    Same kind of thing...different brand...if I was blindfolded, I'd have trouble telling the difference.

But both of these have alcohol....great for killing germs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  5. brit

brit in a box

duru limon turkish cologne..

Bird Lives likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

That one too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  7. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

There's no such animal. You'll have to make it yourself. Just begin with a bottle of unscented witch hazel and keep adding AdP until your creation smells more like AdP than witch hazel. Then add menthol crystals.

I added 4711 cologne to witch hazel and I love the stuff. The cologne adds just a bit of alcohol which gives me a very slight burn and which I like.

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  8. Ozwhisker

Ozwhisker Member

Buy some Stirling Piacenza Aftershave Splash or EDT and add as much as you like to your witch hazel. Then add some Frost Drops. Job done.

brit likes this.
  9. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling aftershave splashes have witch hazel in them after alcohol. I like them better than only alcohol types.

Piacenza is their rendition of an AdP like scent.

brit likes this.
  10. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

I've tried the AdP-like colognes, and to my schnoz, the real thing is the masterpiece. Personally I'd buy a bottle of real AdP and add a little to the witch hazel. Then you could wear what's left in the bottle when you go out. By the way, AdP has been around since 1916.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    brit likes this.