Granddad's Blend After Shave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Jayaruh, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I was running low on my Granddad's Blend After Shave, so I mixed up a new batch. This blend was first suggested across the street in April of 2018. I made up a small amount, but as I said, I was running low. I made a full bottle now. Makes me proud to be a Granddad. I should be set for a while now. The recipe is:

Pinaud Clubman 50%
    Aqua Velva Musk 45%
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal 5%

[​IMG]

jtspartan, MR41, Paul Turner and 8 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Interesting..............

chevyguy, Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Let's hope Jim doesn't start mixing up any voodoo potions....

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I like the first two, but what does the third one add to improve on it? Just asking. :signs002:

:eatdrink013:

Paul Turner, Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, at least Ed(Pinaud)won by 5%. But what a neat trifecta.

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

That product is already available and can be used straight up, or with added menthol. :cool:

7. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I need to get a bottle of the Veg so I can try this magical concoction. What's it smell like?.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

brit, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It has lilac and floral notes, kinda musky. It is an acquired scent. You either love it or hate it. PM me your address and I can send you a sample bottle.

brit and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

gorgo2, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The Veg? Cat pee and rotting greenery.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Ijustmissedthe50s, Enrico and brit like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Due to the vast dichotomy of the scent and the ensuing debate; I can neither confirm or deny the accuracy of your statement. ;)

:signs081:

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yyyyep(long lung breath)...cat pee doesn't attract de babes. Other Clubmen do, though.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    brit and Enrico like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I think all the good smelling stuff is meant to kill the "rancid cat urine" smell of the Vegetal. :happy102:

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's not working.

:sick007:

jtspartan, gorgo2, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I wish I could like this twice!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The best description for Lillac Vegetal I have ever read, many years ago, as best I can remember it.

"It smells like gunpowder and courage, or it smells like the results of someone facing gunpowder and courage."

"A warm, humid evening in the middle of a durian grove," is another.

Either it will smell of powder and lilacs, or it will smell like cat piss and rotting vegetation, depending on your skin chemistry.

jtspartan, brit, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Cat Piss.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Thinking I may skip this one!

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

3D26BA1E-F665-4B33-96DF-A71D7FC89E89.jpeg That sounds like a cool combination. I love the Clubman as well as Lilac Vegetale. The Lilac Vegetale was love on second sight but hey…:)

Maybe i will try this combo myself to see if i like it. I am not a Granddad, not even a father but i don ´t think that should cause problems. I will use my Javon Musk Aftershave instead of the Aqua Velva Musk.

Ok…you got me…just made a small bottle. 50% Pinaud, 50% Javon Musk and a healthy dose of Lilac Vegetale. Man did this came out nice…What a great scent this is. Maaan, thank you for the tip. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Here’s my favourite review:

“Before I bought this (small bottle), I had heard some people say it’s great and others that it smells like cat urine. Hence my purchase of the small bottle just to see for myself. I didn’t think it smelled great, but I also didn’t think it smelled like cat urine. Just taking the cap off and smelling it, it reminded me of the powdery scent of Jade East. After I put it on, I thought it it smelled like a gas station bathroom at a highway rest stop. Unpleasant to say the least. That odor died down after a while, and the powder scent was detectable again, but the bad odor never went completely away”