Avon fans: if you had to pick ONE...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by gorgo2, May 22, 2018.

1. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Thanks its not to bad, only 4 months and it was just an inbetween job so i wasnt working to much, but if your employer skips town they hold you responsible and dont let you set up payment plans. I got the cash but it puts my savings lower then im comfortable with so i will focus on recharging the coffers. Its funny the guy is a friend of a friend, abd the guys wife is stupid rich, so it makes no sense, i ended up quitting before he left the country because he was running out of money before the jobs were finished and then not finishing the jobs or even telling the customer he under bid the job, even though construction isnt my normal trade i didnt want my name attached to it.

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.
  2. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I like wild country, the chess pieces come in multiple scents, and they are usually cheap, the last one i picked up on ebay was 2.50 and 5.00 shipping. I also have the latest version of cologne avon still sells of wild country, im one of the few who likes the current version as much as or more then the vintage.

gorgo2, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've stocked up on Avon Spicy, and plenty of Shulton Old Spice. Buy it while you can, because the prices just seem to be going up, slowly, and they will never be made again.

gorgo2, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just put on some Oland and wow, very nice! SWMBO even liked it! :happy108:

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

OK, I've got Leather on the way.

Paul Turner, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think you'll really like it; if not I'll trade you some Oland or Wild country for it. :happy088:

gorgo2 and DaltonGang like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Oland? (liquid smoke)

I figured out what you meant with Oland. It reminds me of a campfire .... smells great!

I wonder how Oland and Leather mixed would work? :signs002:

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For me? Thank you very much. (chuk yuk yuk).

DaltonGang likes this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

From the Avon line my favorite is Island Lime, it is a bit similar to Stephan's Island Lime and is great for warm weather as it is a fresh bright scent.

Also like the Leather but my GF says is smells like a old man. Is much more leather forward than English Leather IMO.

Paul Turner and gorgo2 like this.
  10. Paul Turner

I guess your GF doesn't think it reminds her of her dad, eh?

SHAVEWIZARD420 and gorgo2 like this.
  11. DaltonGang

I have tried the Avon Leather, a couple of days ago. My first impressions were very positive. The scent was very pleasing, yet strong. But, 4 hours later, the scent did not calm down any, and seemed just as strong. It was very strong, even 12 hrs after application. The wife didn't like, because of the overpowering scent. It would have been much better, if I had reduced the strength by 1/4, or more. I might mix some with Witch Hazel, or perhaps Vodka, and give it another go.

gorgo2 likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yes. Yes it is.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It will not die. It's too strong to die.

I'm wondering what something like Brut with a shot of leather mixed in might end up like.

DaltonGang likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Resale shop here has the clear amber Liberty Bell full of Oland, and it is the good kind. Two bucks. Somewhere else has the green leaping trout, a very nice bottle, nearly full of either Deep Woods or Wild Country. But they wanted 9 bucks for it, too much.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I more I try Avon the harder I have picking my favorite.

brit likes this.
  16. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

If I was forced to pick only one of the many vintage Avon aftershaves I own; I’d have to say my choice would be Avon Black Suede. My reason for this is because I have fond memories using Black Suede body wash as a teenager; then I decided to try a NOS bottle of Black Suede from the year 2000 I bought on eBay about a year ago. It’s great for day and especially night time wear.

Enrico likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

I bet that is my recent one-it came as part of a PIF and shows a chess piece at the bottom of the bottle.

18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The scent should be marked on the label (or box, if you have that).

19. Paul Turner

It's a very tiny bottle...akin to a "sample". I've never been able to determine a scent name from it.

20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ah. Then, I have no clue. Avon would put different frags inside the same container. So, there isn't an absolute correspondence between the container and the frag inside. But, you might be able to narrow down the possibilities with some research.

Paul Turner likes this.