2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

If it's still in The Box, I'll for sure take that brush for a lather! Vie-Long is the name in horse hair brushes.

Frijolero, Enrico and MR41 like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

USPS tracking-9505510254569210031515

It’s due to @Enrico Thursday.

The gives and takes stayed the same.

Another round continues:)

Frijolero, Enrico, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy108:

RyX likes this.
  4. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Go Box Go...

Good advice glad I tried it no need to soak, think I may still prefer a 50/50 Mane/tail mixed white horse hair brush.

RyX likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I just came home to find the 2019 Traveling Box waiting for me. Quite the pleasant surprise!

........ updates coming soon. :D

:eatdrink013:

Paul Turner, MR41, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

its over achieving.

MR41 likes this.
  7. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Let the fun begin!

RyX and MR41 like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I started a preliminary check through the box and spied the Stick Schick, so tried it for todays shave. It had a good looking blade in it, so I gave it a good swish in alcohol and receive an excellent ... BBS with out trying :happy093:, (that one's a keeper). If there is any thing in particular you were looking for @ordinaryshaver and @RyX , I certainly understand missing out out something you were looking forward to, so please give me a heads up. I already plan on adding a few Avon A/S so if there a particular scent you like or would like to try, I'll add it. Plan on adding Tai Winds to start with, but have almost everything from Avon. Most all the shave soap is safe except the TH Rose Cream and the Williams. I may try the Coate's Tea Tree S/C. I need to pull a bit to make room, so it may look like I'm being a pig.

So far this is awesome!

brit, Jrdelgado, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's an Old Spice dupe made by Avon that I haven't found yet, and any lime scented are good.
    That's one I'd like to try. If you choose the puck, cut me a slice so I can sample it?

brit and Jrdelgado like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I should be able to help you with the Avon.

The lime soap will be untouched by me; it has ingredients that don’t agree with my skin.

brit, MR41, Jrdelgado and 1 other person like this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

90C4BEA0-AD0D-4AA9-BC61-0A418D2C97FC.jpeg

Whomever put this Made Rite re-knot in thebox; thankyou! I have really enjoyed it!

PLAla, Jrdelgado, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Shoot me down if I'm wrong since I'm not an expert on badger knots.
    Is that a two band? I see blonde at the base & black on the tips. I hear they tend to have more backbone than silvertip, but are softer than all black hairs.

brit likes this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I really don’t know. . The handle says pure badger, but it is softer than that. It doesn’t have strong backbone, but it’s not a painter either. It’s a soft face latherer.

RyX and brit like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Borrowed picture

s-l1600-17.jpg

I think a lot of it is opinion.

RyX, brit and MR41 like this.
  15. Jrdelgado

You are welcome! That is a pure badger knot from Shave Forge. The discription just says pure shave knot. I wanted to stay with what was written on the handle.

RyX, brit and Enrico like this.
  16. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Okay @Enrico - I need my Tour Box fix

What's happening at your house with the box of goodies?

and pictures; we need pictures...

RyX and Jrdelgado like this.
  17. Jrdelgado

Yeah yeah!

brit and RyX like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yup, there is no Industry Wide Standard. The photo you posted doesn't even list a Two Band. My recollection is like the photo's "Finest" but opposite coloration - blonde on the base, dark on top like the "Mixed Pure"?

I think it was Andrew @Linuxguile who set in my mind that Two Band has the qualities I desire. Those being backbone, not floppy, & a little bit of scrub/scritch. Now I'm paying attention to phrases like High Density that may defeat floppiness.

Jrdelgado and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i am not sure about too much density..i have a semogue 1438 boar that is quite short and very dense imo.it turns into a clump of lather that bends at the briste base when fully lathered..

Enrico, Jrdelgado and RyX like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ok here they come .... well at least some pics.

RyX, John Beeman, brit and 1 other person like this.