Gin Drinkers?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by voice940, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

I was never a Gin drinker. But then I wanted to craft a lamp out of the blue bottle Bombay comes in. I could not just buy the bottle and dump the gin, so I drank it. After that, I sorta developed a taste for it. No one I know drinks it. If I buy a bottle, I know I will be drinking alone.

2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Gin makes you mean!! Best to stick with vodka. Neat.

3. Switchermike

Switchermike Active Member

Boooooombaaaaaay! Please drink responsibly! Never drink and:transport022:!!!!! But it's nice to have a gin and tonic and:sexe:!!!

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

A glass, some ice, and Tanqueray Rangpur is all I ever want to drink these days. Tanqueray Rangpur needs no tonic, or added fruit.

PLAla likes this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I enjoy a good gin martini. Bombay (regular, not Bombay Sapphire) is my first choice. Tanqueray is good. Also enjoy Hendrick's and Boodles. I've lately been making a gin martini with a vodka mixed in. Add dry vermouth and some orange bitters, shake like there's no tomorrow in a metal shaker, and pour into a nice glass. Pretty fine beverage there. Cold, stout, and sophisticated. If I'm making a gin only martini then I'll stir and not shake.

Picked up a bottle of Earl Grey Gin when I was in Chicago in December. It's made by the Few Distillery in Evanston. I sampled it in a store and went ahead and got a bottle. Haven't opened it yet.

brit likes this.
  6. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I was lucky enough to go to Ireland last month for vacation, and they are really into their gin there. Barcelona was the same way, but I don’t think much is produced there; in Ireland I kept being told that gin is more popular than beer, and there’s lots of local producers. Tried several good local gins while we were there, and brought home a bottle of Dingle Gin which I believe has been getting a lot of accolades lately.

I Call It Maize and brit like this.
  7. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I finally got around to breaking into this Dingle Gin, really interesting stuff. Made for a neat negroni

8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

G & T is my go to summer drink. I like Saphire, but Greenhook Ginsmith's is my favorite. Uncle Val's is also nice, but very floral/perfumey. I have to be in the mood for Uncle Val's.

gssixgun and brit like this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Oldie but Goodie thread. OP hasn’t been seen in five plus years and many participants in this thread are MIA.
    Re: Gin- my drink of choice is a dry Sapphire martini. Gin& Tonic 2nd choice.

brit likes this.
  10. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I don't drink much of anything. I'm not against it by any means, just have never run across anything that developed into a "habit" so to speak. But if there was one, based on what I've had so far in my life it would be a margarita. I could develop something there. But that's not the intent of this thread, so let me get back to the intended subject. Gin.

I've never, ever, had any. Was always told it's nasty. Tastes like pine trees, etc.
    Would try it if I knew a good item to try. You gin drinkers tell me what's a good first trial for gin?

11. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I love a good T&T and Tanqueray has been my goto for years, Bombay Saphire is a close second

BUT

This year when we were buying "Boat Booze" :) which we tend to try and buy Plastic bottles, we found Gordon's in a plastic bottle and said hmmm $10 let's toss it on the boat..
    I have to admit it was a pleasant surprise we actually bought a second bottle during the season, I am only a Summertime Gin Drinker and not really fond of Real Martinis so for a cool refreshing G&T I am sticking with the Gordon's for now