Windsor Shave Stick??

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by poppi, Jun 4, 2019.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Looking around the 'bay and saw Windsor Shave Sticks for sale.

Anyone know about these?? Appreciate any info.

pisces_0, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't know about them, but here's some info from alternative source Amazon. They offer 1.4 ounces (40g) for $17.

"The Windsor Shave Stick contains a high quality, pure white soap, scented with notes of citrus, black pepper, and vetyver. It is triple-milled and specially formulated to be long-lasting and produce a rich, beard-softening lather. Made with the same soap used in D.R. Harris`s wooden bowls, the Windsor Shave Stick is packaged in a travel-friendly plastic container."

Image1.gif

Yehuda D, Zykris and Frijolero like this.
  3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Well, that looks great but the ones I saw were not by DRH but branded Windsor all by themselves with no other reference. Looks like they are from Austrailia

Yehuda D, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Saw some reviews about it a while ago. It produces a good lather with a soapy citrus scent.

Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Must be a wholly different product. Confirm the Made in Australia, too. I didn't see an ingredients list, but the description says it's a veggie soap with vitamin E. It's OK to link a BIN (Buy It Now) listing on the bay - HERE.
    Image3.gif

Yehuda D, brit and Frijolero like this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Yehuda D, RyX and BigD like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Did you try one?

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

No, not yet. Got so much other stuff to get used up 1st. But then again, I just got paid. Hmmm.......thinking thinking.

Oh what the heck. Going to get one now. Will report back later

UPDATE: Ordered some, now waiting for them to arrive.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    BlueShaver and Yehuda D like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Glad I could help out there.

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Appreciate the enabling I think

Yehuda D, brit and wchnu like this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Got them today. Will use it tomorrow and report back

Yehuda D and BlueShaver like this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

So time to report back on this product after trying it out over the past couple of weeks. I'll try to be succinct and to the point.

Ease of Lathering - 3 out of 10, As a shave stick, I simply could not get this to work well. I tried heavy application, lighter application, and everything in between. Lots of water, not so much water. Boar, badger, horse and synthetic brushes as well. I could not get a lasting lather, just a thin, disappearing lather that did not work. I finally grated the stick into a container and used it as a puck. Much better. Adding a couple drops of glycerin helped even more.

Longevity of Lather - 3 out of 10. The lather, once in a puck form, did much better but as a shave stick, not so good

General Skincare - 3 out of 10. Not much glide or cushion, enough for an ok shave but nothing special

Scent - 5 out of 10. Very very light citrus like scent that doesn't last.

Price - 5 out of 10. Probably very reasonable in Australia but shipping makes it a bit high for my liking

Buy Again? - Nope. To many products that are better that are more readily available

Enough said.

Yehuda D, Enrico, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Solid review. Thanks.

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

great review sir..

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I received very similar result with Dove hand soap ..... it works, but there is far better soap out there. Thank you for the thorough review.

:eatdrink013:

brit likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I feel a challenge coming on. Off to find some!

brit likes this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I'll send you one. PM me your address

brit likes this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesomelicious!

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

So I got the stick out of the mail box yesterday. Thanks again. I used it this afternoon. It is a vegitable soap so that may account for how it works. I did get a good shave using a 1914 ER. As promised here is the video...with a few mini rants also. (If your a coffee snob that likes lighter roast plug your ears).

Frijolero and brit like this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Nice job Fuzzy. I'm glad you like it and that it worked for you. Like I said, as a shave stick, I couldn't get it to work well. When I turned it into a puck, it worked much much better and I was pretty happy with results then. Guess it's a YMMV thing for sure