Post Office Rant Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I believe the correct pronounciation is guvmint.

2. Paul Turner

Very nice of him.

brit likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Charlie, I actually had a different pronounciation in mind, but my computer wouldn't allow it! Weird. But guvmint suffices, actually my Mom once got her grandson a magazine about government coins-called, you guessed it..GUVMINT.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i have a mailbox that you could fit a shoe box inside..but our lazy bla bla bla post person just leaves them at the post office.. ok fine..but it moved into a mall farther away than the old one and i have to pay for parking to access said post office..even with top shelf mail fees..i no longer order products that use our postal service..i get products that use ups .i know others have stories about them..but i have had zero issues since..when our postal system went on strike i wished they had stayed there..screw em..well ,you know what i mean..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    DaltonGang and Montalvani like this.
  5. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

Well.
    I fully understand you. Here in Portugal we have a national post service called (CTT). They were privatised a few years ago or maybe just one year ago. Before privatisation the employees were generally arrogant when facing the public, but they got the job done. After privatisation they fired so many ppl that it simple doesn’t work! Last week another parcel from UK wasn’t delivered and I filed a complaint. Some days after I received a letter saying that due to lack of tracking number they lost the parcel!!??? And some days latter another letter explaining how registered mail (more expensive and with tracking number) worked and then them could track the parcels history ??!! I was amazed and thought it takes stupid ppl to think they are smarter then others. If they looked at my history parcels delivery they would see how many lost tracking number parcels they didn’t delivery to me at first time. One parcel had to be sent to me 4 times, always with tracking number. Another time I tracked the parcel and picked it up at the post delivery office and received the mandatory post delivery note pick up after the dead line post delivery pick up date. Nowadays I avoid CTT whenever I can (dhl, chronopost, seur etc)
    So, I can relate with your experience.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I believe the correct Yankee pronunciation is guvmint.

FTFY

7. Paul Turner

There might be an "a" between the V and M, but it's hardly heard.

RyX, wristwatchb, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Here in Houston, it's "Gubmint". But, not where I live.

RyX, wristwatchb, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I'm just lucky I guess. My local PO station gets stuff about 99.9% correct.

RyX, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  10. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

Count yourselves lucky you don't have to deal with Canada Post

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  11. DaltonGang

Yep, they are always a nightmare to deal with.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

yup..they actually delivered one in my mailbox..they must have read my comment..;)

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  13. DaltonGang

:happy036:

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You're both mistaken. It's pronounced "necessary evil."

RyX and brit like this.
  15. DaltonGang

I'm all for the privatization of the US Postal Service.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I maintain that the use of gub'mint is valid anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

images.jpg

RyX and brit like this.
  18. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I'll also add the USPS is by far the best option for shipping from USA to Canada

brit likes this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

It's hit and miss sometimes but overall it's been positive for me. I recently got a new carrier after 25+ years of the same 2 guys. Not the same but customer service everywhere has changed towards the negative. I'm always polite and friendly to my new carrier because - well you know. Besides they are the only game in town sometimes. Fedx just broke ranks with Amazon. It's a new world out there....

20. DaltonGang

You are very correct. Customer Service has changed in the past few years.
    When did it become acceptable business practice, for these workers in businesses(not just Post Offices), think that we, as customers should be thankful that they even acknowledge us, or help us, when asked?? Complete rudeness, and ignorance, on how to treat customers. This is unacceptable. And people wonder why more and more business is done over the internet??

RyX, preidy, brit and 1 other person like this.