Avon fans: if you had to pick ONE...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by gorgo2, May 22, 2018.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Forgot I thought of this so just tried it. Interesting...5 drops of Leather plus 15 or so drops of DG Brut knockoff smells like a piney soap. Not pine tar soap and not anything special but not bad. Just very simple and clean. Probably needs even less Leather.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Brisk Spice because it's so close to Shulton Old Spice.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

They must not have made near as much of that as they did Spicy because it just doesn't show up nearly as often.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well,. I'm familiar with Leather, Spice, and Tribute...it isn't any of them. From this thread, I'm guessing Wild Country, as someone here connected that to chess pieces.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

From The Traveling Box, I picked out a bottle of Blue Blazer. A little on the sweet side but it goes well with Tabac shave soap. So as to maintain the value of The Box I added a bottle of vintage Old Spice. Choosing just one Avon would be tough. I like Wild Country & Leather, too.

gorgo2, brit and Angelo85 like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Black Suede was my favorite scent as well. I haven't ordered it in many years.

Paul Turner, gorgo2 and Angelo85 like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i only have the wild country at present..inthe 65 mustang decanter..

gorgo2 and Angelo85 like this.
  8. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Avon is selling wild country aftershave again, well they sold out but should be restocked soon, I have a bottle on the way. They always have the edt but it's been a few years since I have seen any aftershave other then the balm version

gorgo2, Angelo85 and brit like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Glad it found a good home.

RyX likes this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

You really need to give Avon Spicy a try. I just bought a 4 oz bottle for around $8.50, off of ebay. Island Lime is a fantastic scent too, just a little harder, and more expensive.

RyX and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

i will search for some .thank you,but limited to canadian sites.i am sure some will be available ..

DaltonGang, Trigger and RyX like this.
  12. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Avon spicy is one of the best.

DaltonGang and brit like this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ooooohhhh.... flame wars over Avon scents. :rofl:

Trigger and brit like this.
  14. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Well to be honest I like all of their vintage scents.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Oh, of course it would be Avon Spicy.

brit and richgem like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'd take any of their old releases that aren't dominated by that heavy musky base. Used to I didn't mind but it seems much more pronounced as I aged, or it did.

brit likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

That has a "masculine" sound to it

brit and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Paul, it has a nice, clean scent. The women always complimented me when I wore it.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Just from its title, I bet it would go great with Black Tux(a shaving soap from The Soap Exchange).

20. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

They still sell that one, I have not tried any of their modern scents they have now other then the wild country, most modern scents of any company to me smell like axe body spray, aka black ice so I just avoid them.

Trigger and brit like this.