Just received "Consul" from Poland.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Smells really nice too. What soap should I pair with this scent?

steve207, AGHisBBS, RyX and 6 others like this.
  2. Tim Spencer

Any know anything about this scent? What soap would pair with it?

RyX likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not sure if it's the same stuff, but I found a same name / different box on the bay. Their description is;

"The aroma from the Soviet Union. Consul Novaya Zarya - a fragrance for men, belongs to the group of wood scents fern. Consul established in 1970 Tide years.

The initial note bergamot, tangerine, elemi
    The heart of the fragrance Jasmine, ylang-ylang, ginger, nutmeg, patchouli, tree Guac
    Plume frankincense, ambergris, musk

Class of fragrance: AROMATIC, FRESH, WOODY."

Does that sound or smell like it? I don't have any soaps with that same mix but there just might be something out there. Knowing what you've put together previously, a custom scented soap?

wristwatchb, Tim Spencer and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool..i am intrigued..

5. Tim Spencer

I'm considering buying a Palmolive soap stick to use with this as my shaving soap. It would make for a legit old-school shave and the scent is one of those neutral/pleasant ones that hardly ever interferes with anything other than the dark/spicy/woody scents. Anything lavender/citrus'esque can work with Palmolive I would think as it's a light-scent spectrum match.

wristwatchb, brit and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Those may be in short supply. I don't think they've quit manufacturing, but most sellers outside of Germany have sold out. Could just be an artificial scarcity to test the market but rumors were circulating about Palmolive shave stick's demise.

brit likes this.
  7. Tim Spencer

I ordered 2 Palmolive shave sticks from Amazon. They ship from Britain.

***Correction. I changed my mind and instead ordered the Palmolive Shave Cream in a tube from Britain. I have a new plan for this shaving set.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Paul Turner, RyX and brit like this.