What's Your Occupation?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BaylorGator, Sep 24, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

If Gary's in the Therapy Field, he's a chiropractor.
    Can you feel him pulling your leg?

I think his professional title could be "Shennigator". :cool:

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

We have a few more titles as well!

RyX likes this.
  3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

In the Marines, we liked to use chiropractors as interrogators! They always got the enemy to crack! :angelic007:

Ursa, Edison Carter, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  4. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver, plusses...free travel... Negatives...everything else, never work with the public, I am now most respectful of everyone who has too, shopworkers are on the front line everyday. I have been driving a bus when a guy with a Gun came on and demanded money from me and my passengers...I told him to f off and he did ... The police caught him casually walking down the road with ski mask and gun in his waistband like some cowboy....wellhouse road, you will know that bit fergiebilly. Also guy tried to slash me for absolutely nothing...absolute crack head...I have 1000 stories, most not nice.

5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Robert:
    There’s nothing like retirement! I’ve really started getting involved in the shave world over the past few years! This is a wonderful collection of folk! I love the diversity of backgrounds. Makes for great conversation!
    Enjoy your shaves,
    Jeff

6. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

As long as you keep busy it is fine...iv seen many hit the drink

Hembree, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i am a volvo mechanic sir/business owner -was-now volvo service advisor manager..therapy needed and handed out when the clients large bills are presented..:D

8. brit

brit in a box

i am retiring from that ..:)

Edison Carter, Hembree and RyX like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

:happy097::D..my new CT..

10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I design communications satellites. Mostly office politics plus sales & marketing along with a lot of advanced math and physics thrown in. Weird job, really.

AGHisBBS, Ursa, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

That can happen. I'll check with the Committee Chairman. Since he retired Charlie @wristwatchb is usually available unless he's still hanging pictures.
    Is it getting crowded up there yet?

12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm a fitter welder and pipefitter. Currently building an ocean going barge, with two more in the pipeline afterwards.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's a good feeling to know you have job security for at least two more repetition. How long dos it take to build one of those? What do they haul?
    Being a barge it's not powered, just a big empty hole in the water? Well I guess it not "just". Lighting, bilge pumps, multiple compartments and bulkheads, and other complications?

Edison Carter, brit and Hembree like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Edison Carter, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm down on the Gulf of Mexico in an oil patch city. I see these types of vessels daily. Since we live on alluvial soil, rock and gravel is shipped in for the Department of Transportation and concrete production. Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) production and shipping is big and growing. The petroleum industry uses lots of rail, but over seas tankers happen, too. Thank for building the boats!

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Well, space, it turns out, is really big. So that helps. But there are a few popular intersections in the lower orbits where traffic is not so sparse, and that has some people appropriately concerned. A few have suggested that someone should just go up and collect up all the older junk and bring it down. But when something is the size of a car and traveling twenty times faster than a bullet, catching it and slowing it down to deorbit is an expensive proposition.

Edison Carter, brit and Hembree like this.
  17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Stay at home dad is a job right?

AGHisBBS, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

20. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

That stuff in space link is pretty cool!

BigMike and brit like this.