August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I like the picture, Douglas. Good luck.

RyX, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Clint. It whipped up lather as good as any brush I own. Truth be told, I could make a great lather with a paint brush.

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I remember in 6th grade they pulled all the girls out of class for a "special class". Now, we were told that had to do with issues relating to certain "feminine issues" and we all know what we thought about that. I suspect, however, it may have had more to do with the more sinister and underhanded ways women work, and they've been hiding it behind "hygeine" for centuries. Just a theory.

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yep. It's the Jayaruh #312.

Jayaruh horse.jpg

AlDm, RyX, Edison Carter and 13 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 9 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great picture Doug, as always. Nice to see the Old School soap in there. Lots of tallow and it's a keeper for me.

RyX, Trigger, brit and 6 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Still denying any knowledge of why you feel you're being enabled. But, I thought you'd like to know that with the proper watch you can at least tell how long you've been shopping at Aldi's.

Aldi watch.jpg

AlDm, RyX, Edison Carter and 12 others like this.
  8. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

Can you compare it to some other synthetic knots? Decent backbone/scrub? Springy at all?

I might restore a couple old rubberset brushes and this is one of the knots I'm considering. I mostly face lather.

9. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Has anyone considered that Zenith may be raising an Aryan race of pigs in order to take over the world? It's one possible explanation, anyway.

Wait, you're saying an unnamed Russian source may have provided some information that isn't 100% accurate? That seems highly implausible to me.

This sounds very familiar. My little drama queen started 4th grade this year, and it doesn't seem to have changed much. I'm holding out for 5th grade...

If we all used multiquotes you'd only be 15 posts behind. Just saying...

This would explain a lot of life's mysteries. It also is more plausible than any theory that the History Channel's "Ancient Aliens" would propose for this phenomena.

By the way, History Channel, how did I miss the Alien chapter, the Nostradamus chapter and the Apocalypse chapter, in history class? Thank God for my TV. Thay aint teached me none of that good learnin in school. Now I'm learned up real good.

10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Right back at ya! My daily driver. Aragon Divemaster with NH36A automatic movement. Solid stainless steel and I have been wearing this watch daily for about three years. 20190822_163548.jpg

ghostlife, AlDm, RyX and 12 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well the source has a name but I can't say it's his real one. And yes, I know it's heresy to state that I doubt the word of a Russian shaving supply sales guy because they are known to be as honest and reliable as the engineers are intelligent............ummmm........let me get back to you on that.

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Cool

I have two Seiko watches, one is a cocktail time with the SARB movement a great watch. The other is a 55 Fathoms homage with a Sk007 movement, a fun watch that didn’t cost big $.

Cool

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It does have a very decent backbone and scritch/scrub. Definitely moreso than that SynBad or Maggard synthetic badgers. It is springy and works very much like a natural horse brush. The main difference is the lack of a tendency to knot up in the center if you overuse it while face lathering. I have a Vie-Long 12601 (will be using tonight) that is 35/65 mane to tail hair and has a great scritch and strong backbone. I find the synthetic to mimic that feeling pretty well.

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 10 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I love the Seiko Cocktail Time. Beautiful watch!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

AlDm, RyX, Edison Carter and 12 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and shave Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

Very nice timepiece, Danny, with a rock solid Seiko movement under the hood. :happy088:

RyX, Edison Carter, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

1.jpg
    There's still time to pick up something for my birthday next month. :innocent

:thanks:

RyX, Edison Carter, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

1.jpg

20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Andrew!

Trigger, brit, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.