August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..

Hembree, Trigger, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Gary. It got the job done . No complaints here.

Hembree, Trigger, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

August Adjustables Open Blade Edition

Sample of Crabtree & Evelyn Lime SC
    Alpha R-400 badger brush by @Vlasta
    Suribachi bowl and cool water
    Univinlions kamisori-shavette
    Feather AC Pro blade
    Gillette NEW Long Comb
    Bolzano Superinox blade
    Pinaud Lime Sec AS/Cologne
    SOTD 08232019 C&E Lime sample & NEW LC.gif Side effect of The Traveling Box, I got to jawing with J.D. @Jrdelgado. Thanks to a whispered word by Gary @brit, J.D. offered me a Red & Black case for my '34 New Deluxe 3pc. I countered with an '06 Single Ring. He upped the deal with some of the C & E lime shave cream I wanted to try. I countered with Cajun spices. He got in the near final blow with the Gillette NEW LC pictured above. Beautiful gold plate compared to mine of the same type but entirely brassy. Then the knock out punch, his package had a mostly full tub of Sapone di Paolo (now called ELEVEN Soaps) in a fresh orange EO scent. That old Traveling Box ought to be here at my den shortly. I'm gonna have to find something he needs... But back to the shave! Been RL busy lately so this evening was a three day beard to conquer. I scouped half the lime cream into my bowl, got a quick easy great scented lather out of the Rubberset 400 replica that Steve had marked with my TSD handle. It's not a two band badger, maybe a silver tip? Plenty soft on the face, enough density to get the cream on my face. Took a full WTG using the ultimately adjustable open blade, two and a half with the new to me OC that shave as well as my ratty one but does it with class. No errors from either blade holder, reduced that start of a beard to close and comfy. Splashed on the lime juice twice 'cause it smells so good.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

Hembree, wristwatchb, McCrae and 11 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

enjoying the simple makes the fancier stuff a treat..:)

Hembree, wristwatchb, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave sir..:)

6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very nice setup Rick!

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

I worked for a subcontractor to Comcast in the Atlanta area for about six months. We weren't the happy cable guys bringing in pictures, sound, internet & phone service. Other end of the business - Collections & Disconnections. Not a happy work environment. A tip from an insider? The most powerful thing you can do to your service provider is threaten to switch to satellite. You might be surprised how quick things happen when you tell them you're done with their service.

I did that too. While visiting the Southern Mouse kingdom picked up a Goofy watch. I wore it until my sweat ate through the chrome plating and dissolved one of the lugs. Being a Lefty I wore it on my right hand. Only took a week to reverse my brain to be able to read it quickly. (Stock photo, not sure where the watch is)
    Goofy watch.jpg

8. brit

brit in a box

:)cut the cable 5-6 years ago.tired of paying to watch commercials..never looked back..:)

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not unless I brewed an evening pot of coffee. I didn't. My eyes tell me when it's bed time and I don't stay up all night anymore. Not with the school truancy program we have here. Their mom would have to either pay a fine or do community service.

This evening I'm catching up on 30DC post at the expense of visiting other threads. I've diverted a couple of times to consult with Charlie. Also did a little googling as photos and names of watch makers popped up here. It's been an education learning the terms and developing my likes just from seeing photos. No watch ordered yet but I'm getting closer to knowing what I want.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

This thing was long dead when I found the head. Very little flesh left but I'm guessing it's still got desiccated brains. Not sure I want it stinking up my kitchen. Now that think about it I'm not sure I want it at all. Maybe the horns could be used to make straight razor scales. I'll get a photo tomorrow.

11. brit

brit in a box

hook line and sinker..;) Enablers R Us..awesome sir..:)

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Patrick!
    Thanks Gary!
    Same. With a broadband connection I don't need cable TV or premium channels. Want to watch a movie or TV series? Give me 3 - 5 minutes and I'll have it playing without commercials, pause & fast forward, sequels or seasons. Used to require waiting for a file to download. Now it streams as fast or faster than it plays. Can you say whoa?

13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Sounds like steak AND lobster celebration to me.

14. brit

brit in a box

careful with that lime juice sir.. download (2).jpg ..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

What are you feeding Logan? He is growing fast. TGIF!

Randy @BaylorGator has the gold version.

Just two to go!

It is a bittersweet time, it is hard to say goodbye. Good luck with the new job.

Hembree, wristwatchb, brit and 8 others like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Saturday shave: First shave after visiting this stones, the edge is smooth and sharp. An excellent shave today.

Razor: Wacker 7/8
    Strop: Kanayama
    Brush: Etsy silver tip
    Pre: Proraaso
    Soap: AoS tallow + AoS cream + 4 drops of M-bomb
    AS: Enhanced DR Harris AS,
    Scent: Creed Himalaya

ID - 1.jpg

Hembree, wristwatchb, McCrae and 12 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Awesome shave Keith!

Hembree, brit, RyX and 6 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Get in line, Danny. :D

19. Primotenore

Article Team
    = great lather.

20. Primotenore

Article Team
    There are MUCH better Bay Rum aftershaves out there, Paul.

Hembree, jtspartan, brit and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.