August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

what we have here is a little boy who is great at switching emotions in the flash of a second. First he liked my Clubman line, and next....well, I can't even BRING muhself to say it.

Hembree, Norcalnewb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That would be a good time to do some on-line watch shopping on your phone. Make every minute count, Jim. :lyrtuy5:

Hembree, Norcalnewb, RyX and 6 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I caught that.
    As of now I'm holding out for Blacklands re-release of the Tradere.

I just got back from a quick little jaunt in the Vette. 60° weather and tires that aren't properly warmed up. I saved it but a not so friendly reminder to treat that car with respect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. wristwatchb

The sides of my lower neck are also difficult, Paul. I find good skin stretching and a bit of J-Hooking (jump to 1:30 in the video) helpful.

5. wristwatchb

Hope you had a wonderful ride in the Vette, Jim. The weather is really nice here also. Hopefully you had the window down, with your arm hanging and rocking a nice watch. :)
    1.jpg

6. Paul Turner

His blade "buffing" was closer to the area I'm talkinabout(than the J-Hooking), but thanks for this. Loved hearing that old-school music at the end :).

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am holding out for the Blackland Tradere as well.

Hembree, Norcalnewb, RyX and 5 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Logan has developed a nice head of hair.

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good photo and shave.

Hembree, Norcalnewb, RyX and 5 others like this.
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Good morning, and a good Saturday morning it is.
    Gonna be a looooong day, so got out the Toy razor and some Feather blades, went to work. 3 full passes and 2 blades for the face, plus a 4th pass on the chin. 3 full passes and touch up on the top side. Now, using a new Feather blade for the first and second pass on the face seems like a little over the top, it is, but I'm cleaner than I've been in a long time by the 3rd pass. The chin took a little more work, but cleaned up nicely by the 4th pass. No burn, blood or scraping here, nice. The head got the full treatment good rich lather every time, swapped blades to get that close shave on pass 2. Pass 3 was more or less a touch up, did the full over anyways. I'm smooth, close, squeaky clean on both face and gord, nice.
    Pulled out the alum for a once over and it was calm with just a nip here and there, that works!
    So if I may say so I'm close as I can get without peeling off a layer of skin, should last a few hours.
    20190824_094940(0).jpg The Ogllala Bay Rum worked up nice lather and the AS smells and feels great.
    Got 2 more Toy razors in the mail, should be here in a few weeks or so.
    To all
    have a great weekend.
    Enjoy
    tp

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    August Focus
    [​IMG]
    Mike's Bay Rum~~Simpson PL10~~Dovo 6/8~~Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns
    Day of the Dovo.
    Blade prep was a half-dozen laps on the CrOx Linen, followed by 40 on the SRD leather strop.
    Brush prep was a tip-soak in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes.
    Soap prep was a conservative, ten minute bloom.
    Body/face prep was a ten minute shower using MWF bar soap.
    Lather prep was a 30 second load, followed by a nice, 2 minute face-lathering.

WTG pass prep was opposite-hand stretching, followed by a XTG pass.
    Chin-work completed a DFS++ shave.
    The Ogallala juice got a "clovey" comment from Dr. Mrs. Primo.
    Not sure if it got the coveted SWMBOSOA© :signs002:

More prep after this post. This time outside where weeds, crabgrass and other unwanted growth
    occupy an area outside a recently-poured patio.
    Gorgeous weather. Low humidity. Blue skies.
    :happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005::happy005:
    Good time to be alive.
    Have a great weekend.

Hembree, jtspartan, Terry and 13 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Does the clove scent of the Ogalla get drowned out well enough by other scents?

Hembree, Norcalnewb, Terry and 6 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Was it a positive clovey comment?

Hembree, Primotenore, Terry and 6 others like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 24, 2019

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Brush: JR #142 badger
    Soap: Soap Commander Vision

What a terrific scent from Carrie at Soap Commander. Fresh, bright, with a big dose of mint.....Vision is top-notch. Of course the performance is standard Soap Commander which translates to wonderful. Slim set on 9. One pass for a CCS and all is well.

We are going to our friends' house today for some lake fun. They live full time on Lay Lake which borders Shelby and Chilton counties. They are great friends and we're going and taking Wilson and planning to spend the night. Ride on the boat, grill some steaks and enjoy plenty of adult beverages. Should be fun!

Band update - first game last night and the kids did a great job. Our football team didn't fare as well, losing 17-0, but the band had a terrific first performance. Huge sigh of relief to get that one under our belts.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

SOTD 8-24-19.jpg

15. Paul Turner

You say you sighed of relief for last night.....do the performances get easier as the season progresses? Sounds like fun family time for you.

16. PLAla

Performances get easier since you practice more, but each performance is nerve wracking. You can't slack off or lose focus because it can go off the rails easily. The first game is always the toughest. You're still working out some kinks and you have to share the 20 minute halftime with the opposing band. You hope they don't run over on their time and have to hurry, etc.

Hembree, jtspartan, Terry and 10 others like this.
  17. PLAla

Wonderful setup and shave, Joseph!

18. PLAla

Very nice, Terry!

Hembree, Terry, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You got the steak part right. Lol! You may have missed it, but I mentioned way back that I don't eat crawfish, so lobster is definitely out. However, I knew what you meant, Bill.
    :signs021:

20. Paul Turner

Oh ok....y'know, I'll never forget the expression on the face of our band director at the first game's "pre-game" show(I was in the stands for that, but was in the 1/2time show). He just stood there as if to say "I KNOW they're going to blow it...the question is WHEN". I would have preferred having YOU be our director.

Hembree, jtspartan, Terry and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.