Central Texas Shave Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Paul Turner, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, that could indeed be. We'll test that theory if/when it gets "discovered at Greg's website.

2. Paul Turner

Update....it IS just that.

3. Paul Turner

I'm proud to announce that someone has joined me in the Grandpa's Barbershop review page :). We're up to 2. Another announcement-it's currently sold out. I think the current reviewer has the one without the Bentonite Clay, though.

brit likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

5 new bar soaps just put out.

ghostlife likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

"Summer Brew" has been introduced. They say the feature is "Texas Beer". It's a bar soap. Maybe these bar soaps will someday be shave soaps. And now just as I said that, I re-read the e-mail. The bar soap is out now, the shave soap&A.S. will be out tomorrow .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

And another plug for Central Shave Soaps-I went to my "den" yesterday to do some blooming for my fall/winter soaps I figured needed it the most. The CTS was still showing some bubbly action around the edges, as if I had used it yesterday. I must say that was a pleasant surprise.

7. Paul Turner

Proud to report that Citrus Burst has received a review. Positive one, to boot. I don't think that is one for me, but I'm sure it's a great soap for SOMEONE.

8. Paul Turner

is this thing on?

ghostlife and brit like this.
  9. ftrez

ftrez Member

I'm in the middle of reading the the Complete Conan books by Robert E. Howard on my Kindle so when I came across Central Texas Soaps' Cimmerian scent I had to pick up the soal and aftershave. It's certainly a "manly" scent and pepper is the most prominent note to my nose. It lathers up quite nicely and provides a really good shave.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Glad you did! I see you're a new member so Hi and welcome to TSD. I have their Grandpa's Barbershop soap, and, as you may know from my posts, look forward to buying a set of their Weekend Rodeo.(Soap and A.S.). They're currently sold out on the WR aftershave-but I'll be checking to see when it returns. And just now I made the order!! Boy he got more of the aftershave real quick.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    brit likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

CTS just came out with a new soap-Tobacco&Amber. I figure Greg will match it to an aftershave in the near future.

12. Paul Turner

And now it's sold out! (Talkinabout the soap). After just over a month and a half.

13. Paul Turner

5 soaps now sold out. Greg appears to be doing well.

14. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Just looked at their site

Sounds like for the price your getting a lot of good quality soap.

Down at the river and their cherry pipe peek my interest the most.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I may get Down At The River for my next one from them. As you saw, Cherry Pipe has some reviewers(not many do...to this point).

16. Paul Turner

Surprised to see that all but one of the bar soaps are sold out at this date.

17. Paul Turner

Is this thing plugged in?

18. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Are these the people making Dr. Pepper shaving soap?!? I wanna, I wanna,I wanna.

Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

I think they used to, but not now. I'd recommend Hill Country Dew, as what would appear closest.

Frijolero likes this.
  20. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member