Turkish Kolonya

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Sabre, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Eau de Colognes, generally prefering the French versions over English, German, Italian and Spanish colognes.
    I do enjoy using the Turkish and Greek Lemon Colognes. I have tried many versions, with Rebul being a favourite brand. It not only smells great but is bottled in glass and not plastic. I have ordered a few more from Selin, Pereja, and Eyüp Sabri Tuncer, The Selin arrived today, another great smelling cologne and another one in a glass bottle.

The Turkish Kolonyas are very inexpensive and no where near as complex as Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina or a Guerlain EdC.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I haven't tried any, but I'm interested in colognes by Myrto and Norina, especially the lemon and orange scents. Any experiences with either one?

Sabre likes this.
  3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I posted this in a haul posting in 2015.

[​IMG]

They are very similar to Turkish Colognes if I remember correctly. I will have to get them out and try them again.

Yehuda D, Daywalker and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I'll be watching to see your reviews on them.

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I tried Duro Lemon Kolonya- it had a Musk element to it . I really wanted it to smell like lemon Thayers.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have tried both, the Myrto and Norina colognes. The Myrto smells of Citrus rather a soliflore or a single note of Lemon. It was very fleeting compared to the Turkish Kolonyas. The Norina smells off in the bottle, and was very sharp on my hands. The Norina has also evaporated quite a lot, I believe there may be a crack in the plastic.
    The Turkish Kolonyas have use by dates which are a few years after production. The Selin that just arrived was out of date but still smells fine. My own original Eyüp Sabri Tuncer is also out of date. I have ordered another one as it has undergone a redesign and hadn't realised I already had one. The colour is different too.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I keep a Pe Re Ja Lemon in my fridge and dole it out to guests as @Bird Lives tought me to do .

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Atta Boy Stingy! You do know the REAL spirit of how to use Turkish Kolonya....Bully!!!

And I'm sure, in the humid afternoons in Florida....a good splash of ice cold Pa Re Ja must be quite refreshing and appreciated...:happy069:

Yehuda D, Sabre and stingraysrock like this.
  9. Bird Lives

I love Turkish Kolonyas....The Rebul Lavanda and PeReJa Lemon are favorites....
    image.jpg
    This is my Rebul behind my Clubmans...
    Sabre, where do you order yours?

Yehuda D and Sabre like this.
  10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I used to live in Amsterdam, so I use to pick up Kolonyas in barbers or Mediterranean grocery stores. In the UK I have picked up Red One and Duru from barbers. My Rebul was found in an ethnic supermarket in Essex. The latest kolonyas I have purchased on eBay.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Yehuda D and brit like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Cool....PeReJa is easy to find in the US....But the Rebul I've been stockpiling when I go to Istanbul. It would be nice to have a stateside distributor so our friends here could cop!

Yehuda D likes this.
  12. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I have a bottle of PeReJa in the shave den. Like to use it in the summertime. But during other times of the year I re visit it. Like that lemon scent. Just wish the scent would last longer.

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Rebul is now a staple, I get through the bottles so quickly. One of my current favourites is Mexican Lime and Bergamot from Pomellos.

[​IMG]

14. brit

brit in a box

i found and got the duru here in canada some time ago..hard to find now..

Sabre and Yehuda D like this.
  15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

My friend, Emet, who's Turkish was sporting some really nice lemon cologne. I just ordered some direct from Turkey through Amazon. It's called Bogazici Lemon. Really nice!

Sabre, brit and Yehuda D like this.
  16. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

There are many brands, Bogazici appears in many searches. They are all priced very similarly too. Rebul is a bit more upmarket. I must review them all.

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  17. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Keep a bottle in your hand bag.

Ksblazer and brit like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks for the education! I really am looking forward to receiving my bottle!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit likes this.
  19. Bird Lives

The Rebul Lavanda is the Classic Rebul...it is upscale...

But all those great lemon colonias are great too....I think every home should have both...

They are used for different things...The Limon Colonua is to freshen up all through out the day....The Rebul is more like a cologne...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, Daywalker and brit like this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Where would one obtain this product? Looked on line but no joy so far. Thanks

brit likes this.