Need a new brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jaro, Aug 27, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Hello all. my rex brush with kabuki knot started shedding in clumps so i need to get another brush fast and inexpensive as the twins 5th bday has me broke right now..any suggestions. Prefer synthetic and 22 of 24 mm but am open to whatever. Thanks....also dont want to order from china because the brush i have wont last for as long as it would take to get here from china......

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    RyX likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a Stirling for my wife, a kong, if I recall correctly. She really likes it. It wasn't bad on the budget. Another option for you is to buy a replacement knot, if you like the handle of your current brush.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jaro and RyX like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

From the folks who own both Yaqi synthetics are the same knots many brush makers and retailers are selling. The black base / white tips Tuxedo style comes in several sizes and shapes. I got mine from APShaveCo in Canada off Etsy when they first came out. Gives great service & hasn't shed a hail.

jaro and lightcs1776 like this.
  4. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

1. Go to Aliexpress:
    2. Go to the Yaqi or DS Cosmetics store.
    3. ????
    4. Win.

RyX likes this.
  5. jaro

thanks but also dont want to order from china because the brush i have wont last for as long as it would take to get here from china......

RyX likes this.
  6. jaro

thanks

RyX likes this.
  7. jaro

thanks

RyX likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    If you will pay the postage, I will send you a couple of synthetics. PM me.

Sara-s, jaro, GatorJoe and 4 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Try West Coast Shaving. They are upfront and open about reselling Yaqi brushes HERE. 10% discount for first time buyers, too.

brit likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've got a Maggards Sunrise synthetic knot in my JR #130 brush. Jim did a super job of crafting a handle from a piece of cypress from my fathers orchard. We discussed the profile I wanted - like an Omega Pro #10098 - and he deliverer one of my best handles with a great knot installed. Shop his off site page for some unique hand crafted art.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice of you Jim.

GatorJoe, lightcs1776 and RyX like this.
  12. jaro

Sounds very nice of you and are you talking about Knots or brushes btw?

13. jaro

Ok how much would postage be????

14. jaro

Ok pm sent.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I visited the thread to see how things were going. Noticed I hadn't named Jim as @Jayaruh , but I see y'all have met. :)

jaro likes this.
  16. jaro

Yeah we have talked a few times he actually is who sent me a blade for my enders speed razor. nice guy.