Whoops

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jesseix, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

Sorry Yaqi brush, didn't mean to knock you off the ledge... that's a pisser, I really like this brush

IMG_1822.jpg IMG_1823.jpg

brit and Hembree like this.
  2. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Looks like it turned out ok!

Hembree likes this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Barely noticable. Great job!

4. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I wish, realized that this might look like I was able to put humpty dumpty back together again... oh definitely not.
    The first pic is the big chunk that broke off, the second one is a cracked section on the other side of the handle that I'm hoping doesn't also come out. I haven't attempted any surgery yet.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That knot would look good in a new handle. Just sayin'.

RyX, chevyguy, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  6. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'd be caught trying to repair it. Use a good waterproof adhesive using "just enough" to secure the pieces, taking care to remove any excess before it gets set.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So did you repair it or salvage the knot? It would be a great knot for a restoration; PM me if you have any questions.

8. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

Nothing yet, I'm sure I'll eventually get around to doing something with it but its not high on the priority list. Although I did just trade away my only other synthetic brush, which is kindof a bummer... I'm trying not to buy any other gear right now but fortunately I have other brushes to hold me over :happy088:

Enrico likes this.
  9. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I figure it might, you know anyone? ;-)

Enrico likes this.