Outdoor Photos and Landscapes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by GDCarrington, Mar 20, 2015.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Jamie Mahoney and brit like this.
  2. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Took these a few years ago, the coal level in question was owned and worked by a good friend of mine Stephen Jones, the level was the highest worked coal level in the UK, the coal was still cut by hand drams loaded by hand, then hauled by Horses, could be 100 years ago, could you believe these photos were shot in the 1990s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frijolero, Bobcat, AlDm and 4 others like this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Fascinating!

Jamie Mahoney and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

a quiet saturday lunchtime down the street.. 20190803_112051 (2).jpg

Frijolero, AlDm, Redrock and 3 others like this.
  5. Jamie Mahoney

Museum d'Orsay Paris.

[​IMG]

Ron R, Leo501, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  6. Jamie Mahoney

7. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

@Jamie Mahoney Paris is a great city with lots of hidden treasures for photographers.

Greetings
    Patrick, Switzerland

RyX, brit and Jamie Mahoney like this.
  8. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Sunrise at Badlands NP South Dakota.

This is an amazing NP. The geology and landscape are one of those you gotta see to believe. If you are ever in Western South Dakota, this is a must see.
    Badlands_aa.jpg Badlands_cc.jpg Badlands_ee.jpg Badlands_dd.jpg

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Here is a picture through the windshield from last week's trip to Rhode Island. Mistakenly took I84 over to I95 and ended up going through New York City. However, thank the Lord, we survived.

RITrip_061.JPG

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    We ran across the Mr. Peanutmobile in Connecticut.
    RITrip_111b.jpg

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    We stopped off at the tri-state marker where NY, NJ, and PENN come together.
    RITrip2_010.JPG

I re-oriented the photo and labelled it.

nynjpenn.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  12. Redrock

Beautiful moth.

Moth_1.jpg Moth_2.jpg

SRNewb, BamaT, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  13. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

A few photos. AlDm-7.jpg AlDm-8.jpg AlDm-5.jpg AlDm-2.jpg

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

15. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Howdy folks, it’s been awhile, but I’m back for a bit now. Been pretty ill, but through a gift from the entity in charge of our existence, I have been granted a brief reprieve. So..... In the interim I have had to give up riding my big twin, but against orders I scored a little Honda Rebel again, and since I can’t help myself, I bundled up my o-2 tank, a samich, a bottle of water, and a doobie, (yup, I said that) and went on my favorite ride to Ponka Hills. It’s a 15 minute ride from where I live, to an obscure, little known park along the foot hills of the bluffs along the Mighty Mo. Right in the heart of the Ponka Hills. So I ate my grinder, drank my water, and fired my doobie up. God is Great. And this is a beautiful country. I hope there will be something left of it for our ancestors.
    I normally don’t smoke weed, but at this point it doesn’t matter if I smoke anything or nothing. The writing is on the wall no matter what I might do. So I took the time today to meld with this beautiful landscape and meditate. It’s hard to clear my thoughts anymore, but I got as close to mellow as I could get today. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood people. God Bless.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PanChango, Shaver X, BamaT and 5 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you lived to 200, anything you passed away from could be considered "natural causes". Including riding a scoot against doctor's orders. Love your friends & family. Enjoy your time. Thanks for sharing.

Shaver X, BamaT, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  17. Redrock

The Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument is on the Pajarito Plateau in north-central New Mexico, includes a national recreation trail and ranges from 5,570 feet to 6,760 feet above sea level. The cone-shaped tent rock formations are the products of volcanic eruptions that occurred 6 to 7 million years ago and left pumice, ash, and tuff deposits over 1,000 feet thick. Tremendous explosions from the Jemez volcanic field spewed pyroclasts (rock fragments), while searing hot gases blasted down slopes in an incandescent avalanche called a “pyroclastic flow.” Precariously perched on many of the tapering hoodoos are boulder caps that protect the softer pumice and tuff below. Some tents have lost their hard, resistant caprocks, and are disintegrating. While fairly uniform in shape, the tent rock formations vary in height from a few feet up to 90 feet.

I have been to many of the Southwestern national parks and monuments and this is among the best encountered. Geologically speaking, it is amazing. If ever in the Sante Fe/Albuquerque NM, stop by. It is well worth the trip.

Thanks for looking.
    Sony NEX-6/Sony 18-135mm lens.

Tenta1a.jpg Tentc1c.jpg Tentd1d.jpg Tente1e.jpg

BamaT, ghostlife, brit and 3 others like this.
  18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great photos!!!! Thanks for sharing.

brit and Redrock like this.
  19. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

23140010 copy.jpg
    Snapped this one a few years ago, unedited and badly scanned (film photo) but a decent pic

Ron R, Redrock, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  20. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member