FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Pic 1 is my dads old razors. I have the lid for the blue tip. Pic 2 is two I picked up at a sale barn for $5.00 each. Pic 3 I got at a antique store $15.00 because the Valet has gears. A razor with gears. GEARS. And the last two I paid too much for but the gold one doesn't look like it had ever been used and the silver(brass) one is well used but the handle is stripped. I don't remember all the dates of the razors.

Attached Files:

Enrico, Hembree, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

nice collection sir..great shavers..

Hembree and Dirtfarmer like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The metal scissors type though is indeed the D type.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Enrico, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Yep i misread it. The scissor one is the d type...

Hembree, brit and jmudrick like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Never Cease to amaze me @jmudrick, now that one cost a little more than $10.00. Very nice, tell us how it shaves and that is a nice one to add to your already interesting collection.
    Schick just rocks when it comes to Vintage razors.
    Have some great shaves!

brit and Hembree like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I paid market for this one as they are so very scarce I gave up finding one in a lot. It's superb both handling and level of aggression suit me perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Great, that is even better if you get a good shave.

8. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

I have been particular in taking razors home with me lately, leaving a lot where I found them. The collection is starting to outgrow me. But these three Gillette razors are too nice to be left alone in the wild. A nice script logo single ring, a uber clean Sheraton, and a minty mint Aristocrat. The 1907?? script is in good shape and condition. It has no logo but does have an “A” serial number. It lost its blade banks over the decades. The 1937?? Sheraton and case are in great shape for its age. Having the sealed blue blades is a nice touch. The Aristocrat is a outstanding razor what appears to unused condition. It has no date code, guessing 1949 by the case. First time I ever got a Aristocrat with the price tag and user info. The cherry on top is the sealed cream dispenser of Blue Blades. It also was a promotional giveaway for Durst Bros. Sunshine Dairy. Someone must have purchased a lot of butter and cream to have this given to them, very cool.

CEE895E8-0A15-419D-BE47-76BCB5FBEA3E.jpeg BFA69BD5-5C52-491A-B3CE-79FE3207A2C8.jpeg 202C461E-3212-4F57-86C9-34795F51BE57.jpeg 3AA8E043-BC55-4095-8263-92FAB7EEE4B3.jpeg 170EB669-2768-4773-8EF2-D7E71EC5089C.jpeg 258689EE-A9C1-411A-A931-457EBF1E388A.jpeg 62A06A52-1653-463B-9F3F-BFB48E8D6834.jpeg FBE5A38A-5934-48CF-A61E-1A8E98E5E444.jpeg 2D99FB09-6600-4FEA-80DD-70F6C0603208.jpeg 98B0985E-A0A5-480C-B2F8-4384B0F23F8D.jpeg

9. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Always wanted a Ever Ready 1914 because others seem to enjoy the razors shave. The GEM junior Parade and the Schick I2 Hydro-magic were priced to my liking and even with shipping made a deal maker. They took very little cleaning because previous owners looked after them, the ER 1914 first Generation blade keepers is like new and the case was like new so either the owner did not care to use it or was used on special occasions? Look I even got Radio SE blades, they are kind of rare IMO.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Enrico, brit, Jrdelgado and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

:drool:

12. Jrdelgado

Very nice!

brit likes this.
  13. Dirtfarmer

Picked this up today. I think its a Tech. No date code on it. I'll have to do more research on it when time permits. I also think I may need a class in picture taking. DSCF0404.JPG DSCF0408.JPG DSCF0409.JPG

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Finally received my Schick injector Adjustable M3 model, forgot it was coming from Thailand. I guess they like Schick injectors over there also. My understanding is that Asians really enjoy Schick injector razors still- maybe more than North Americans.
    Schick injector M3 adjustable razor (2).jpg
    It is cleaned and ready for action in the coming weeks.
    Have some great shaves!

15. Jrdelgado

Nice razor and set. You’ll love it!
    I may have to get one of those. Nice razor!

Dirtfarmer and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

Dirtfarmer and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. Dirtfarmer

I used the Tech tonight with a fresh Supermax Super Stainless blade and was very impressed. The more I use these old razors, the more I wish I hadn't wasted all those years of using multi-blade junk. This was the first time I can remember when I put on aftershave, Clubman, there was no burn. There wasn't even any tingle but I got a smooth shave. Unreal.

Enrico and brit like this.
  19. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

0762D194-C697-466D-88E3-5D6D4D55C99F.jpeg
    Just acquired this gorgeous brass 1930’s era Gem Jr 1912 Patent razor! Can’t wait for my first shave with it this month!

20. brit

brit in a box

very cool Jeff ,lovely razor..

jgreenepa likes this.