The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, it sure FELT good today-still trying to decide about the scent though. It'll be back for more.

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Alright boys, here's the skinny... Yes, Paul, I have owned Glastonbury 2 previous times. (one previous time, the AS as well). Today, I received, yes for the THIRD time a tub of the Glastonbury and the matching AS. I just completed a palm-lather and I can honestly say...this batch #306 AH is by far, more pleasing to the nose than my prior two tubs. Now, we need Rod @ezlovan to weigh in here, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that this latest batch has be "tweaked". I am keeping this one. It has a intriguing and beguiling scent.

3. Paul Turner

I wouldn't put it past the Doc to have done that. (tweaking action).

4. Paul Turner

John what is that about...that you "don't count". You like my mention of Stoylin "cologne dupes"-that qualifies you.

5. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    No tweaks. Just normal batch to batch variation. When you're using natural ingredients like essential oils, two batches will never be identical. Vetiver I buy in 2017 will be slightly different than a crop distilled in 2018. Same with Patchouli, which is aged for years in many cases. It's just a part of the business.

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul, what I meant was that you are the sole determiner of who wins a Tony. I, along with others, can make suggestions but ultimately it is your decision - as it should be.

7. Paul Turner

Oh I see John, thanks.

Frijolero, ezlovan and john zeiger like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Yuh LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: Here's a tiny hint about Monday's Tony Awards Day. Unless I saw or read wrong, one of my choices isn't there anymore! This is an ongoing investigation.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  9. Paul Turner

Yuh LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

Course with that intro you know that this post will be about the Tony Awards. For the Labor Day edition, the votes are in, thus we can now sit back and relax until I finalize these babies early before going to the gym. (The gym is only open in the morning on Labor Day. Until then, Happy Shaves, and Happy Guessing!! By the way, how does one finalize a baby??

10. john zeiger

Looking forward to it. I think you know my guess (BoS, in case you need to be reminded and which I used for my shave today). Best of luck on another tough decision :)

11. Paul Turner

@john zeiger , your post brings up an interesting topic here at the Stoylin Tonys. I'm assembling a round-table meeting of my staff today, discussing your issue and other relative matters; What do I mean by relative matters. You'll see when you get your copy of the minutes. This meeting, by the way, will consist of just myself(the one man staff)sitting at a round table lol.

12. john zeiger

Good luck with your meeting, Paul!

13. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

So I’m going to puff out my chest a bit here, because I think I may have just earned some kind of Stoylin award!

A few months back, on my last visit to Pasteur in NYC, I was looking for some Stirling Shampoo Soap (among other things). Pasteur has an outstanding Stirling inventory. Probably the most of any soap maker in the store. And they have a wide variety of Stirling product except, wait for it...Shampoo Bars!

Seeing none, I asked if they had any, and they said no. I volunteered that they are quite simply the best shampoo I’ve ever used and that since using them I don’t even need conditioner. They said they’d look into it. I returned home and dutifully placed my order for 3 bars with Rod.

This week I returned to Pasteur and Lo and behold, wait for it...they now carry Stirling shampoo bars! I’m not sure how many they stocked (they had 3 when I was there) or for how long, but they carry them now, and I’m very pleased.

And patting myself on the back. :git: :happy108: :sport001: :signs021:

14. Paul Turner

Well done @NTR. :)

15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The only shampoo I use.

No conditioner!

:happy088:

:signs107:

ezlovan, NTR, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  16. Edison Carter

Whatever the outcome John, we must respect the judgment and authorities over at the Stoylin - Turner Awards to be wrong if they fail to officially recognize the sheer awesomeness of Blood on Steel 2019 / Tsuka.

On the edge of my seat.

:cool:

17. Paul Turner

Uh...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

Minutes of One-person Round-table Stoylin Tony Awards Staff Meeting from Yesterday(8-30).

-
    It was decided that since the attendant JUST RECEIVED Blood On Steel, it would be too early to put it up for nomination for THIS YEAR's Tony Finals, especially as he has only used it once so far. . However, of course, with continued usage for the remainder of this year, and next year, it will be available to be nominated for the 2021 Tonys. The vote was 1-0 in favor of this rule.

-Since the previous rule was decided, the attendant didn't want to take a chance on one of his Labor Day choices. Although he didn't know when this product first came out, he believes it was sometime early this year, thus the same rule applies. Again, it will be available at next year's Tonys. The attendant has gone ahead to change one of his choices, relative to this way of thinking, and apologizes for stating earlier that "The votes are in". NOW they are in. . The vote was 1-0 in favor of this rule.

SEE YA MONDAY!

copies sent to @Edison Carter @john zeiger , @PLAla , @Linuxguile, @ezlovan @Yehuda D and other interested parties.

-

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    ezlovan, Frijolero, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  18. Edison Carter

Uh???? Oh yeah.

19. Paul Turner

Right, my signature Tony Awards intro :).

20. john zeiger

I protest! By 2021 the Committee probably will have forgotten about BoS. This is highway robbery! Long live BoS!