2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it did. Coming your way asap.
    Sorry for the delay, it sucks when your kid is sick.

Jrdelgado, brit and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Only looking for an update! Family is more important. How's the little one?

Jrdelgado and brit like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

Better, but no where near out of the woods, yet.
    He is having serious issues with wheezing and coughing. It is breaking up, but still congested and not sleeping more than about 30 minutes bat a time....
    So, mom and dad aren't sleeping much if any.

Jrdelgado, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Arron / @ordinaryshaver I pray and will continue to pray for your son's health and peace for you and your wife.

God bless!

:)

MR41, Jrdelgado, RyX and 2 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How's your son doing?

brit and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Box...

...has arrived!

Enrico, MR41, Jrdelgado and 2 others like this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

He's doing some better, breathing a bit better. Once we get the humidifier we will be in a better place.
    He is putting on weight, and still eating up a storm, we are just still concerned about his breathing. Lots of wheezing and coughing.
    The antibiotics seems to be working, but well......the side effects are less than pleaseant.
    All in all, there are lots of folks that have it alot worse than we do, and lots of little one that are in worse shape.
    Thanks for asking.

Enrico, MR41, Jrdelgado and 1 other person like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad to hear there's improvement Aaron @ordinaryshaver.

I just got back from gathering my grandkids from school. They don't know yet that The Box is here, but we've been anticipating it's arrival. Un-Boxing to commence shortly.

Enrico, MR41 and Jrdelgado like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I’m glad he’s doing better. Scary thing when they get sick. Will continue to pray for you and yours.
    Can’t wait for the choices!

RyX and Enrico like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great to hear he's progressing in his health. I'll continue to pray for his health and peace for you and your wife.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts!

:eatdrink047:

RyX likes this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

Mostly prayers for her sanity, I never thought I'd say this, but, I get to go to work.....

RyX, brit and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

RyX likes this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hey @RyX , I need a fix ..... where's the pics? ;)

[​IMG]

:eatdrink013:

:happy097:

John Beeman, MR41, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha!

RyX and brit like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Chinese curse; May you live in Interesting Times.

Saturday morning chaos has calmed. I really need a shave, but I'm going to spread The Box for product specific photos to document before I consider my picks. The grandkids got the preliminary First Look yesterday.
    Back shortly with photos!

ordinaryshaver and brit like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

State of The Box.
    I'm going to open this address on a sad note. We lost an item somewhere along the way.
    Man Down!.gif
    The neck was snapped clean off, didn't see the cap. I'm not going to launch a forensics investigation. Among Avon's vintage scents Wild Country is easy to find. I have several bottles tucked away. As to the rest of the gear - gaze upon the current assemblage!
    State of The Box; Incomming.gif I may have question about some of the products. If YOU do, ask away! In the spirit of ebay - detailed photos available on request.

Couple items of interest to the folks here. I'm trying to get the 8 year olds to explain why they want/need/could possibly use the restored Tuxedo knotted vintage brush. "It's so soft!" they already have a cat, I already have a Tuxedo knot. I explained about taking out means putting in and there's an ongoing search for a suitable item to swap. C&E West Indian Lime soap puck? Yes, please! I've been talking a trade with another TSD member. After we had the preliminaries covered, filling the box came up. Not THIS Box, the little boxes we'll ship our swaps in. Green Mountain soap inquiries were made, and lookie there! Three bars available, I'll check about his desired scents. Daughter was looking over my shoulder. She spotted the Schick Type H "The Hussy". She's already enjoying a Type J so that will get a clean up and test shave. She was horrified by the idea of The Curvfit. Several of the pocket knives are under consideration. (Yeah, right. The 8 year olds think they are ready, Mom has dropped a hard line; 10th B-day) Glad I got to sniff the Avon Spicy! It is very Vintage Shulton Old Spice like.

17. ordinaryshaver

PM me about the green mountain soaps.

RyX and Jrdelgado like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

try the cat sir..;)

RyX, Enrico and Jrdelgado like this.
  19. ordinaryshaver

I figured y'all would want to see this.
    Little man is doing much better today.
    Sleeping like a champ! Fotor_156734737848472.jpg

RyX, MR41, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096:

RyX and brit like this.