Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

I rate both razors very highly, the Vector being a tad smoother and slightly
    more manoeuvrable.
    Though I don't know what changes are being made to the General.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    brit and jgreenepa like this.
  2. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Cheers Gary :eatdrink047:

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick B1, Schick Proline B-20, shave 2.

B1.jpg

My first time using a repeater razor. This razor is pretty efficient and probably in the middle scale of mild to wild. The razor is also very angle dependent with you having to shave it pretty much riding the cap with the blade almost parallel to the face. End result a close shave but my I2/J4/White handle I and J stamped Eversharp Schick, J3 and M2 full open shave closer. Few more tries with this razor and that might change. With Schicktember right around the corner this razor will get a few more uses as I narrow down which Schick SE razors I want to shave with on a regular basis.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    jimjo1031, brit, jluc and 5 others like this.
  4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow!
    I remember hanging out with @razorx...
    I miss that "Card"...He was a funny cat..used to make me cry.

He was the guy who came up with "Hydozilla" for the Hydro-magic...he said, "It struck fear into the hearts of the inhabitants of 'Whisker-town'.."

NOW I see what he was talking about!!
    He was a big fan of all things Ever Ready, esp. the 1914s and 1924s. But his favorite shaver was his Nickle plated Hydro-magic I2.
    He said it was more aggressive than his gold I2.

So since I love my gold I2 so much, I've always had my Schick Antenna 'Up', but not scoring a Silver one...THAT WAS TIL NOW!

This gift from @Karl G is a Silver one! And it is more aggressive than my gold one. And it does "strike fear into the hearts of the inhabitants of 'Whisker-town'"!! LOL

My new "Schick-Buster" is a Schick...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I hope straight razors are welcome to this area as long as they are accompanied by an SE or injector. I usually use two razors for a shave, helps razors get used more often, you know so they don't get lonely and feel left out.

So today's shave went like this.
    Mer shavings Mysore Sandalwood on two band badger for the lather.
    Schick Hydro-magic with new schick proline B20 WTG first pass, back of the neck and a little cleanup where I'm not comfortable with the straight yet.
    Little J.A. Henckles straight razor. Second pass ATG and some cleanup.
    Tolsom witch hazel aftershave splash and a cold water rinse to finish things off for a very close comfortable shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

jimjo1031, Billyfergie, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    OK, guys, I made a video of today's TNNSER 3D shave. It was my first shave with this 3D printed razor by @twhite. I have posted all about it across the street, but I wanted to share the video with you guys, too.

7. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 31st August
    RazoRock Syn.24mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Schick B1
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Lotion

A nice way to finish off an Injector rotation by using the very early B1. Get the angles right and you can get a top quality Shave, I did not quite get it right on the upper lip, so a little disappointed with the finish.

IMG_0602.jpg

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice B1!

Bird Lives likes this.
  10. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

I've had the red and green Enders for a while, but the yellow one has eluded me.

Out of the---uh---blue, a user from another forum PM'd me telling me how he'd just acquired a yellow one via this Etsy listing for $8 shipped.

I congratulated him and just mentioned that the yellow one was the one I was looking for.

Seemingly without hesitation, he replied stating he wanted to gift it to me. Taken back, I readily accepted his offer, and offered to pay him. He declined, and I don't think he'd mind my quoting him:

What a nice guy! I mean $8 was a great deal, but for him to pass this on to me really warms my heart.

He took it a step further and polished it up prior to shipping it to me.

It arrived today, and it's in beautiful shape. I followed my usual routine by applying an extra layer of shine by way of Zaino Auto Polish, and here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here it is alongside the red and green:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. brit

brit in a box

absolutely stunning..cool set and pics sir..

120inna55 likes this.
  12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes, I've been quite fortunate.

brit and Boru62 like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The yellow one is a real looker. I have a green one, but it is pretty dark. I would like to get one that was more like the one in the picture. Of course, like you, I want them all.

PLAla, Ron R and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

imagine one in blue..:)

120inna55 likes this.
  15. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Very classy set-up. I love my Genesis V2.

chevyguy and Boojum1 like this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:happy088:

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

August 31, 2019

Colonial General UFO Colibri
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Paladin Ebonite Moe
    IColoniali Mango Soap and ASB
    Brooks Brothers 1818

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, BigD, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some nice gear you are using this morning!
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Started my second part of the ER1914 LLC vs ER 1924 Shovel head,shave comparisons. This 1st shave will be the start of 7 consecutive days of daily shaving. The blade is on it's 2nd use and should be in prime condition for it's testing.
    The ER 1924 gave me a reasonable shave and had one blemish weeper on the chin area and had some irritation indicated from the Alum block test.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated some irritation around one side of the neck=;)
    ER !924 shovel head (2).jpg

I found the ER1924 handle a little to small & swapped for a ER Streamline strop handle and like that arrangement better. (This ER 1924 could of been the travel variant because of the small handle!?)
    Have some great shaves!

20. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.