August 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jul 30, 2019.

?

Will you be using Adjustables and/or Arko for August??

1. Yep. Adjustables and Arko both!!

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Adjustables yes - Arko no.

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Arko yes - Adjustables no.

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Some of both, some of other stuff.

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Still just here for cookies and ice cream.

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Straights - because they re the original adjustable.

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice shave, Rick. What blade do you use in your Feather?

Hembree, RyX, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

It could make a for a fun, relaxed start to the day, Perry.

RyX, Hembree, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

RyX, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Charlie @wristwatchb will tell how..... and probably sell you the band and the tools you need.

Sweeeeeeet

RyX, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Rick!

RyX, Hembree, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

August 31

Today was a no shave day for me.

I dropped my phone this week and damaged the charging port. The repair cost estimate was $99 (nope nope nope). I was eligible for an upgrade, so I picked up a new Samsung Galaxy A20 (I don't need the latest whiz bang phone...this one is plenty good), a case, and a couple of cables.

I love the way you have to buy a new case, cables, etc. with each new phone. I was elated to learn that phones are standardizing to USB/C cables...until the next standard is issued...probably by the time I need my next phone. I plan to recycle the old phone, and of course I can't use the battery in the new one, either. I skipped the $79 case bundle from Verizon and got one for $6 on Amazon. They even threw in a screen protector, so I guess you can call it a bundle too. It was an excruciating way to spend part of the day. I had more fun selecting a pair of toenail clippers on Amazon...I figure they will last longer than a new phone, and I have a better grasp on that technology.

And now I may have to complete more coursework at the Sam Sung Online School of Photography to operate my new camera on the phone. Or I can just have a 10-year-old show me how it works. :) Well, there went the money I had planned to spend this month on a new seersucker robe. ;)

I enjoyed participating in Adjustable August. I used my birth quarter Slim wide open and loaded with Feather blades. I paired the razor with my 30 DC LE handle/Tuxedo knot and also with my Kent BK8 Silvertip badger. I finished up a couple of tubes of C.O. Bigelow cream, made a dent in a puck of Third Pass Shaving Co. Redline, and started in on a tub of Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood cream. The shaves were so good that I copyrighted a new seven-letter acronym - BBFNBBS©. Please see @Primotenore for the definition and licensing arrangements.

Best I can tell, I enabled three gents in the watch department and barely met my monthly sales quota. I'll try harder next month. We welcomed some new gents to the group (that's what it's all about) and celebrated with @Trigger on his 100/100 milestone and his well-deserved CT. In our spare time, we discussed mixology, thermodynamics, kids, grand kids, potty training, watches, tools, grilling, blooming, the Pennsylvania Penal Code, tallow vs. non-tallow soaps (see what I did there?), and probably a couple dozen other things. We're also celebrating @Norcalnewb's new job and expectantly waiting for @Bama Samurai to come home to family and friends in the great state of Alabama.

Great shaves and fun banter this month, gentlemen. I'm sincerely thankful for you all, and I look forward to seeing you in the September thread.

My work here is done. Danger out.

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i have a samsung rugby lite..i know, antique..works great without the me-phone issues..thank you Charlie..

Trigger, RyX, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Saturday shave and August wrap up:

Keeping with the smiling theme I went a big 3/4 grind Mike Martinez that is a big one at 8/8. Castle Forbes and few drops of M-bomb and my Jason-Shavemac brush made huge bowl of very slick lather. An excellent shave.

This month I did cool shaves, cold tap water, no ice and tested difference levels of M-Bomb. 3 to 4 drops depending upon how much lather gave me a nice chill but I could still feel the blade. Keep in mind I am 4 pass shaver so I make a big bowl of lather.

Razor: Mike Martinez 8/8
    Strop: Kanayama
    Brush: Handle by Jason knot by Shavemac
    Pre: proviso
    Soap: Castle Forbes 3 drops of M-bomb
    AS: DR Harris enhanced AS, Stirling ASB
    Scent: MDCI Invasion Barbare

ID - 1.jpg

Trigger, Boojum1, RyX and 11 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Keith!
    Great post, Charlie!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wristwatchb, Trigger, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jim!

Trigger, clint64, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Very nice, Keith!

Trigger, clint64, RyX and 5 others like this.
  12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Little side project I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. I am restoring this as a gift for my wife's best friend's grandson in Pennsylvania. We will bring it up when we go to the wedding at the end of September. He is about a year and a half old. The pedal tractor was completely disassembled, bead blasted and then repainted. New decals, pedal assembly, hardware, hubcaps and new front wheels. The front wheel paint was drying. That is why they are not installed yet. This pedal tractor was produced in the late 60s. 20190831_182658.jpg 20190811_133058.jpg

wristwatchb, Trigger, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  13. Keithmax

:happy096:

Trigger, RyX, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  14. Hembree

Thanks Keith.

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

that looks trick Danny..very cool ,nice work..

Trigger, clint64, RyX and 4 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Awesome shave Mark and that brush handle looks like a jewel!

Trigger, clint64, RyX and 5 others like this.
  17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Adjustable Arko August!!

August 31

Razor - 1960 Gillette Toggle (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (4)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - I*V10 Hybrid Boar/Badger
    Post - Alum

Couldn't let August get away without one more shave. The Toggle and the Voskie. Solid and amazingly good combination. Even on the fourth shave the blade was smooth and not an issue at all. The Hybrid brush chewed up enough Arko to share with everyone and turned it into an exquisite lather. Three slow and enjoyable passes to the baby and all's well that ends well in August. Fine way to bring the month to a close.

Thanks to everyone who makes this place the fantastic place it is! You all were talked about a few days ago when the Yakuza and Russian branches of the Cartel held a hotline call to discuss the status of the 30DC. Without all of you this place would not be the totally unique and wonderful place it is. How many people have we helped discover the best way to shave? How many have you personally helped through this group? And the shenanigans? Yeah, we rock it out. Every single one of us. Here's to a record breaking month!! And here's to Stirling SEptember!! Something tells me we may turn another record over. Have a fantastic Sunday!!!

August 31 2019.jpg

wristwatchb, Trigger, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  18. Norcalnewb

Looks awesome, Danny!

19. Hembree

You sir deserve cookies and ice cream for that!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  20. Hembree

Thanks Clint....we will see what becomes of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.