The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh no John....the way I go through soaps the BoS will still be here in 2021 I bet. I've had the Sandpiper for a couple of years now, but you wouldn't know it if you saw it. And we know how much I love THAT woman!!! :). But I'm already committed to a 2021 Tony Awards, since I made reference to that year at the Roundtable.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. Paul Turner

I take it you now have 6 bars...3 from Stoylin and 3 from Pasteur on your second trip? I'll try to drum up some recognition for you.

3. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Actually I didn’t buy the shampoo bars at Pasteur. They weren’t a scent I was interested in and I thought I should leave them there for someone who wants one.

But I’m in the city frequently, and I’ll keep checking. If the same bars are still there next month I’ll buy a couple to give as gifts. To keep the inventory circulating.

I had 5 bars and am down to the three I recently ordered. I’m working through my newish Mountain Man and have a Bergamot Lavender in the wings. My son just finished his Island Man and also has a Mountain Man he’s now using.

4. brit

brit in a box

does anyone have any views on the new body washes..?

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

They're great, Gary. My skin feels soft and moisturized. The small amount it takes to achieve plenty of lather makes them a great value too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..i saw them posted on here but no reviews..but that could be a little awkward i guess..:D

7. Paul Turner

I just have a comment....it appears the Barbershop is either sold out or missing.

8. Paul Turner

That's great your son is experiencing Stoylin!

9. brit

brit in a box

thank you Paul..

ezlovan, john zeiger and Frijolero like this.
  10. Paul Turner

I'm sure Doc Ezlovan has the lowdown on this.

11. Paul Turner

I've never used a shampoo "bar" before. I suppose you just rub it ferociously into your hand(s) and apply as you would any shampoo?

ezlovan, john zeiger and Frijolero like this.
  12. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Easiest shampoo you’ll ever have. No ferocity required. Lightly rub the bar directly on your hair until you get the desired lather. I wear my hair short, and it’s thinning, so I literally rub it on my hair for about 2 seconds. I have soft water and it lathers up fast and full. With just that amount I have enough excess lather to apply some extra any other place I wish...:shocked003:...lol. Usually down my back. :happy088:

My wife has a full head of long hair and it didn’t work for her. She said it took too long to lather (opposite of my experience). I think part of that was that our water softener was broken at the time she tried it. But long hair will certainly require more product and more effort.

For $5, you owe it to yourself to try! I did try a menthol version, only once, because I don’t want menthol in my eyes, so consider that. Others here have said they enjoy a mentholated soap on other parts of their body...:happy097: :rofl::happy102:.

YMMV! :cool:

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

SEptember 1st
    Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
    Blade: Gem PTFE (6)
    Brush: 30DC LE V2
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Blood on Steel
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Stirling Blood on Steel

Stirling SEptember
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. brit

brit in a box

stirling gentleman..very classy.. 20190901_071327 (2).jpg

15. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Nice shave setup Gary. I really like your brush.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

16. chevyguy

I just did a resupply order for some shaving soap samples I was running low on. I picked up the Stirling Kong Synthetic Plisson Brush too. Here's my order.

1. Stirling Kong Synthetic Plisson. 26mm x 63mm.

2. Sandalwood Shaving Soap (1)

3. Sandpiper Shaving Soap (1)

4. Lime Shaving Soap (1)

Hope all you guy's are having a great weekend.

Clayton

17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I am protest boycotting the Stirling - Turner Awards this year, but I will be having the aura of the Mostest Glorious Stank.

20190901_121332.jpg

18. chevyguy

It's all Stirling September.

Clayton[​IMG]

19. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..it's an opal f200.it was nos but a fine gent here removed the boar knot and loaded a finest fan badger..it's a treat to use..:)

Frijolero, ezlovan and john zeiger like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Clayton..

Frijolero, ezlovan and john zeiger like this.