September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9nein9, brit, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :love055: ;) :)

Terry, wristwatchb, RyX and 10 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

What time does the beef go on the smoker?

Terry, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Pretty soon. I'm guessing four to five hour cook plus rest time. It takes about an hour to get the smoker up to temp. 6 am and it feels like the day is getting away from me.

How was your evening? Adult beverages and internet access prove to be a fruitful combination?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Lol!

Terry, RyX, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The chicken turned out great. Football and adult beverages were a winning combination. No internet purchases at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Trigger

September 1
    Good morning guys!
    Rockwell Model T (6)
    Rockwell Blade (1)
    Rockwell Synthetic Brush
    Stirling Piacenza SS and AS
    BLOOOOOMED the soap and used the water as a preshave. Picked up the residual tub lather and hand painted on my face. My Rocky did a marvelous job lathering my face. My lather was wetter than normal for a DE shave, but I went with it. The model T with a new Rockwell blade at the max setting #6 did an awesome job shaving my 44 hour stubble on the first pass. I could have stopped right there because it was an IBSS+, but I went for BBS on the second pass. I have used this razor primarily for headshaving and it has been awhile since I shaved my face with it. This accounts for the tiny weeper below my nose and under my left ear. I forgot that the head of the model T is too large to do a normal WTG downstroke and that was the cause for the moustache weeper . I have to start a little lower or else I will get nicked again. So, I have to go obliquely XTG near the nostrils instead to properly shave that area. All in all, it was a great shave to start September. I will use my Model T for 2 more shaves and then continue 3 shaves for each of my safeties for the rest of the month. I will use new blades for each razor so that it is easier for me to know how many shaves are on each blade. Applied Nivea for Men ASB ( not pictured and not listed ) and then the matching aftershave for a wonderful feeling. Have a great Sunday, fellas! 20190901_080548.jpg 20190901_080548.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    jtspartan, wristwatchb, RyX and 14 others like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Wecome!

RyX, 9nein9, brit and 6 others like this.
  9. Hembree

Bring it on! SS September does have a nice ring to it.

NTR, RyX, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  10. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

I would like to explain a little bit about my package that I sent to Keithmax ( @ Keithmax). This package was sent as an exchange of cutlery). Keithmax (@Keithmax) sent me a bag with plastic forks))), and also added a shaving cream, blades and a shaving brush. I could not help sending something interesting from Russia. I accidentally met a shaving cream that I had not seen on store shelves for many years. In a basket lay several tubes of cream. I decided that I would take a few tubes of cream. First, I will shave myself, and decide whether to send abroad. The cream showed itself on the good side. It is not overloaded with components, it has a light and unobtrusive aroma of a blossoming apple tree. With cream, the issue was unexpectedly simple. The cream is original, with a long history, and made in Russia. A wooden spoon and a box of birch bark (birch bark) complemented this premise. ))).

Я бы хотел немного объяснить мой пакет, который я отправил Keithmax. Этот пакет был отправлен как обмен столовыми приборами ). Keithmax отправил мне пакет с пластиковыми вилками ))), а также добавил cream для бритья, лезвия и кисть для бритья. Я не мог не отправить что-то интересное из России. Мне совершенно случайно встретился крем для бритья, который я не видел на полках магазина много лет. В корзине лежало несколько тюбиков крема. Я решил, что возьму несколько тюбиков крема. Сначала побреюсь сам, и решу стоит ли отправлять за границу. Крем показал себя с хорошей стороны. Не перегружен компонентами, имеет лёгкий и ненавязчивый аромат цветущей яблони. С кремом вопрос решился неожиданно просто. Крем оригинальный, с многолетней историей, и произведён в России. Деревянная ложка и коробка из бересты ( кора берёзы), дополнили эту посылку. ))).

jtspartan, wristwatchb, RyX and 12 others like this.
  11. Hembree

Gary, now say that three times real fast!

RyX, 9nein9, brit and 5 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and report Joe.

13. Hembree

He ain't joking!

14. Hembree

Let's at least get through a few days without mentioning blooming!;)

jtspartan, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Thank you, Clint!

9nein9, brit, jluc and 4 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Jeff, glad to have you aboard. I would recommend fastening your seat belt and hanging on!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Terry, RyX, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Fine shave this morning to open September the way I closed August. Only difference was having the Crown King brush today. 2 passes. A couple minor cuts. I'm finally seeing some solid suds action in the Acqua "Shave Cream Soap". Good sign!

wristwatchb, RyX, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  18. Hembree

Very nice Mark and I think by the end of the month you will have this shaving thing figured out. ;)

Terry, wristwatchb, RyX and 7 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aaaaah, you just did! :p

wristwatchb, RyX, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  20. Hembree

Joe, you are prettier than I thought! :happy068:

jtspartan, Terry, wristwatchb and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.