Schicktember shave of the day

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

We have threads for other razors brands and since it is that time of the year Sept. 1 - 30 might as well have a dedicated thread to all things Schick i.e. injectors, DE, band razors, etc.

RyX and brit like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick C2, Schick Proline B-20, shave 3

C2.jpg

Nice close shave, smooth and efficient when you find the right angle to use this razor.

RyX, Terry and brit like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick C1, Schick Proline B-20, Shave 2

c1.jpg

This razor has the distinction of being the only open comb razor Schick ever made and possibly the only open comb injector ever made. Shaves like the C2 at the same shave angle and same blade feel only difference being the feel of guard on the face.

RyX and brit like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Perhaps I will join in Schicktember in the second week. Great idea.

BBS, RyX and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

BBS likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 09022019.gif When I first got into wet shaving I passed up a number of Schicks. I thought the metal handles of DE's looked more substantial. I was young(er) and less wise. This was my razor used today.

brit, BBS and jmudrick like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

I know a guy who made a couple open comb adjustable injectors...

brit and BBS like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That razor might be my favorite injector I've used thus far. That one will be making a few appearances from me later in the month.

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

lovely shave Rick..i should have my canadian e3 here shortly..

jgreenepa likes this.
  10. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Gary, what is a Canadian E-3? Just a newbie question in the interest of broadening my understanding of single edge razors.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

BBS and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

download (8).jpeg i sent mine to my buddies thinking i would't use it..i should have it back any day now..

jgreenepa and BBS like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

This is the reference that is used to designate the different types of Schick injectors.
    http://safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

GatorJoe and brit like this.
  13. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Bear with me now, Gary! So it's a Schick Injector razor.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

yes,from 1935-45 i think..the first of the bakelite handles?.similar to g type..i know little about them..my main squeeze is my gillette collection..:)

15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea. I will be using type C this week.
    [​IMG]

brit and BBS like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick I1v1 (I57), Schick Twin blade, shave 3

i1a1.jpg i1a2.jpg

What a smooth and efficient shaver this razor becomes when using a twin blade with it. Super close shave also.

Normally some people refer to this razor as an I55 because it was believed to be introduced in 1955 but the actually introduction date is 1957 and the reason for I1v1 is to correct the nomenclature normally using for the I and J models as per my thread here which shows why and the proof of 1957 as the introduction date for this model razor.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-type-i-and-j-reclassification.62682/

brit likes this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick B1, Schick Proline B-20, shave 3
    B1.jpg

Nice close shave not a BBS but more than acceptable. This razor is comparable to the C models but will get you a little closer shave than a C when used at the same shave angles.

brit likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Very efficient shave with the C2. BBS in two passes with a hint of touch up................

Untitled.jpg

brit and BBS like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I might be able to help out because I have different Canadian Schick injector razors.
    The 1st one to the left is a Canadian E2 because of the roughed only surface safety bar and has the ear wings on the main curved spring.
    The 2nd to the left is a Canadian E3 with parallel grooves running along the safety bar with ear wings on the main tension spring with "Schick injector" stamped on the main swivel rounded tension spring flange with a rounded rivet.
    The 3rd from the left is a newer hardly used E2 and the 4th one is a E5 with the black handle and no ear wings on the main tension spring and has "Eversharp Schick" stamped on the Main tension spring flange part.(E5 was near the end of the Schick Canadian plant life production.)
    Schicks E2,3.5 (2).jpg

This is a Canadian rare G1 hybrid Schick injector with the seamed handle and typical G tension spring with the "Eversharp Schick" stamped on the spring flange I recently purchased. This would of been created near the closing down of Schick plant in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada.
    Schick Canadian version of a G1 (2).jpg
    I will be joining you folks for Schicktemper when I'm done testing my Everready 1924 shovel head Friday, see you on Saturday.
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    brit, BBS and jgreenepa like this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone was wondering DE razors like the Krona, Eversharp Schick and Schick Platinum are also welcome for Schicktember. This isn't a Schick SE only thread.

If you never seen a Schick Platinum DE razor this is what one looks like.
    schick p1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    brit likes this.