Musk and Citris Aftershave Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by johnnyflake, Aug 31, 2019.

1. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I am looking for both of the above, in a Brand/Scent that is longer lasting than most out there and is true in aroma to the scent. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Pinaud citrus musk comes to mind if you want a true barbershop classic scent.

3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew has both citrus (blood orange) and musk notes to it. It sounds like you are looking for 2 separate scents though?

Anything based on Acqua di Parma Colonia might be an option as well

brit and johnnyflake like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

AV musk is nice as well!

:eatdrink013:

wchnu, brit and johnnyflake like this.
  5. johnnyflake

Yes, my wording was not the best! I am looking for two separate aftershaves, one MUSK and two Citrus.

Enrico, not sure of AV, is that AVON?

brit likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Aqua Velva

Paul Turner, brit and johnnyflake like this.
  7. johnnyflake

Thank you John.

Do you know anything about it? Does it last reasonably well, or does it disapate quickly?

brit likes this.
  8. John Beeman

Royall Musk

Fine L’Orange Noir

9. John Beeman

It’s a nice drugstore Musk. I’ve got four or five Musk aftershaves and its at the bottom of my list. Nothing wrong with it really, I just like others better.

And when I say “bottom of my list” I don’t mean it’s way below the others. They’re all very close.

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's at walmart for less than $4. I find it has decent lasting power. Pinaud Musk is also nice as well.

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  11. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) has some of the best Musk scents available. I suggest grabbing some of their samples to see which ones you like best.

PAA Aftershaves have the longest staying power of any of the Aftershaves I own. Will last literally all day. I'll come home after a 16 hour day and my wife will ask which one I'm wearing...

I think Black Bot is one of their best Musks. But they have a variety of Musky scents available right now: Future Fiction, John Frum, Lo~Haiku, Big Shave S'west, Copalli, Et Tu, Sangre De Drago, etc. etc.

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  12. johnnyflake

Thanks Weasel & Enrico. I do want to try the Aqua Velva, for such a good price and I will look into the PAA offering, it appears they have a lot to offer. I do love aftershaves and have acquired a lot of them, but so far, none from PAA.

Paul Turner, brit and Enrico like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You right about that.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll jump in to say it lasts quite well. I''ve been quite pleased that it sells in drugstores(along with the regular Aqua Velva.)

Enrico, johnnyflake and brit like this.