MWF ..

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by MacDaDad, Sep 6, 2019.

1. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

Summertime and I haven't tried MWF since it was last cold out. It was at the bottom of one of my piles of soap and the container caught my eye, in a suggestive kind of way. Face prepped, Noxzema and (40 seconds of hot cloth) with quickly dampened silver tip, about 10 swirls and right to the face. Lathered good as always and had a very nice 2 pass shave.

MWF could easily be my forever soap. Ya, I know, I like change like most of you all in here. ;)

Cheers..

Shaver X, Tdmsu, Zykris and 7 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Excellent! The Fat is a wonderful soap. I use mine every Friday with a Gillette Fatboy for Fat Friday.

Shaver X, Tdmsu, McCrae and 2 others like this.
  3. MacDaDad

I would if I could but I gave my Gold Fatboy Executive to my son. Oh well, I could always do my '62 Slim like I do now on most every Friday.. :) Lately it's been mainly these 3, Omega Via Barberia Herbae, Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia or Martin de Candre Rose. I don't have a good reason why other than I enjoy their aroma and all three lather and hydrate well.

McCrae, brit and PLAla like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

on my list of..

McCrae likes this.
  5. MacDaDad

MWF is something like "Give Me That Old Time Religion". My earliest memories of soap scents are that of Old Spice (which I swear) had the scent reminiscent of MWF & TOBS Sandalwood.. Either that or Tabac. Those three scents to me are wet shaving. ;)

Tdmsu, brit and McCrae like this.
  6. MacDaDad

Anyone ever notice that Saponificio Varesino di Sicilia Shave Soap smells like gunpowder? Or no? :)

brit likes this.
  7. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

MWF is my 'ol reliable. It's normally my go to when i'm not feeling using a scented soap or when testing out new gear.

Tdmsu, brit and MacDaDad like this.
  8. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

I'll probably try one day, but I doubt it will be much different that what I have.

brit, MacDaDad and McCrae like this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

It has a reputation for being difficult to lather. I have no idea why that is tbh, i've only to look at it and its gushing lather everywhere.

Great soap. One of the best imho.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right..MWF does sound like it's best in cold weather.

brit and MacDaDad like this.
  11. MacDaDad

On no sir, MWF is like Nirvana. I swear. :p

Shaver X and brit like this.
  12. MacDaDad

Mine too .. Everytime I take the lid off the foam just oozes out from under the lid. ;)

PLANofMAN, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Chuck Naill

I wish I had the room. A dear friend @Steveclarkus has sent me enough soaps to last half a lifetime.

MacDaDad, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

I just sent you the ones I don’t like. You will have to buy your own MWF. How do you like the Kapo my friend? That is one I love.

MacDaDad, RyX and brit like this.
  15. Chuck Naill

I used the Kapo this morning and loved the experience. When I use up the four tins of Stirling I might get some wool fat soap.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have “many” soaps. I reach most often for the fat. The only two soaps I’ll repurchase is Tabac and MWF.

17. brit

brit in a box

received my refill puck recently..one the block for fat friday shave..:)

RyX and McCrae like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Got my ceramic tub and first puck of MWF yesterday. Bunch of guys in The 30 Day Rule / Focus Group are going to do Fat OCtober using MWF and open comb razors. Someone suggested Monday, Wednesday, Friday shaves! I'm an every other day shavers so I'll likely have a STTS in there somewhere.

MacDaDad, PLAla, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

:happy093:

brit and RyX like this.
  20. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I used it today (again) and reconfirmed that it’s great for me. So slick and has good cushion. Great soap. IMO it likes it’s own microclimate with a lid or it will resemble the badlands.

brit, Tdmsu and RyX like this.