The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Hey guy's check out what I recieved in my mail yesterday. Talk about fast shipping. Thank you Rod & Mandy, and all your crew. You guy's are awesome.

Clayton[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great get, Clayton! I had the Lime for a sample A.S. and liked it.

3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Looks great!

I’ve really come to enjoy Sandpiper when the mood/situation is right. I almost added Lime to my last order, but I was already getting carried away. MITA is one of my favorites, so I’ll probably add lime next time.

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD September 7, 2019
    A Stirling SEptember

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Personna
    Razor: PAL Injectomatic
    Brush: JR #41 badger
    Soap: Stirling Piacenza

SOTD 9-7-19.jpg

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Saturday Stirling Sandpiper Shaving Soap Single edge Shavette September

One of my favorite shaves

Typical Super Stirling lather from a just wonderful piece of badger.

The Focus R21 Evolution with a teflon coated blade is my best shaver. If I didn't love my straights so much, I would be tempted to purge them. Funny that the lead of the window scrapers brigade considers this to be a sissy razor because it has blade corner guards like most original safety razors. It is still a top shaver that one needs to learn to use without getting cut. Now, if only I had the dexterity for those sideways stokes.

Finished up with the Stirling Sandpiper AS. I forgot what popular men's fragrance this is a dupe of, but it definitely ranks high on the Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks.

Have a great day.

[​IMG]

6. chevyguy

Sandpipers my alltime favorite when the weather starts cooling down. I went 50/50 with the Lime and the Lemon Chill in my Old Spice Mug and I really like it. I usually follow it with a splash of the Stirling Mentholated Lime Aftershave Splash. It's nice and chilly, great stuff.

Clayton

7. chevyguy

You gotta try the Lime Soap Paul, it's great stuff. Try going 50/50 with the Lemon Chill. It's really nice on hot humid day's.

Clayton

8. Paul Turner

I'm headed in that direction for next summer....kind of. I'd like to get a glacial soap and A.S.,,whether it's a mix or the same for both.

9. Paul Turner

The other day I wrote a post saying it's too early for me to make a claim on which soap I'd buy again. I would say Sandpiper if I had to decide today(oh, and the aftershave too).

10. Paul Turner

It's a dupe of Yves la Nuit de l'Homme. Very highly ranked in men's colognes.

11. brit

brit in a box

stirling deep blue sea.. 20190907_125420_edited.jpg

12. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Never tried sterling before.thought about it for maybe this fall/winter. Any recommended scents?

13. Edison Carter

Dunshire, Sandpiper, Deep Blue Sea, Piacenza, Mountain Man
    All nicely done dupes of famous men's fragrances.

14. Paul Turner

Nice "sweeping" job from the 26" Pro-Handle brush this morning :).

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Looks great! clap.gif

16. Paul Turner

The "Mad Shaving Scientist& Weather Prognosticator(me)"sees some nearly solid Stoylin action this coming week.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  17. Edison Carter

Stirling Soap Single edge Stainless Steel Straight September

Extra fine shave today. Took plenty time to relax and enjoy the full monty. For a golfer, this would be that tee shot, long, sufficient height, slight draw, 250 yards, dead in the middle, no effort. Yup, that one that keeps you coming back for more just like it.

When I started, Proraso Preshave was part of my routine. These days I consider it a luxury. Great menthol eucalyptus. Just use a little bit at the very beginning. No better pre-shave in my book.

Used the Stirling Badger to whip up a smooth lather, just over to the sloshy side. The Blue Ming was there to help out. Like I first saw Glen do in one of his videos, I lathered up before stropping.

Stropped 15 on the denim, then 30 on the horsehide side of the Rasoir Sabre strop.

As I'd seen Glen do, I applied a hot terrycloth right on top of the lather, then relathered.

Have not used the stainless steel Dovo En Vogue with the ivory colored mycarta scales much. I'm not sure why. Maybe too much stuff. Delivered a very comfortable 3.5 pass shave. A hefty piece that handles great.

Nice tingle from the alum (another thing I don't use as much anymore). Left it on as I clean and dry my gear, then wash off. I found alum can be an irritant for me later in the day.

Proraso menthol aftershave is my favorite post shave. I use a very small amount regularly while I finish cleaning an a short easy stropping to make sure my edge is clean.

Finished up with the matching Stirling Tuscany. A gentle sweet, floral, powdery scent that would be considered a unisex fragrance. It would be objectionable to some on that point, but I got my 'man card' sufficiently punched up to use it.

Be well, have a great day gang!

[​IMG]

18. Paul Turner

Mr. Cawtuh, will you agree with me that the new name sounds better than "The Hippy Dippy Weatherman Of TSD"?

19. chevyguy

Sandpiper, Sandalwood, Stirling Spice are good Fall and Winter scents. When the cold Winter weather strikes I like Arkadia too.

Clayton

20. Edison Carter

In my schooling at the University of Hard Knocks our thesaurus did not have enough pages for big words like that. How about "Paul - Mr Weather"