Fall Shave Soaps ?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jaro, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

ok everyone i love pumpkin spice stuff and with fall coming tell me some good pumpkin spice soaps and other good fall soaps...... thanks...

mvd likes this.
  2. jaro

Wow..:confused: no response.....:angry017:

3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I have Stirling Soap's Pumpkin Spice. I couldn't tell you how it is yet. My wife likes it and uses it for her purposes.

jaro likes this.
  4. jaro

Does she like it?

BigD likes this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Loves it.

jaro likes this.
  6. jaro

So no problems with the cinnamon?

7. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Pumpkin spice really is not the best Fall scent... It is more of a cliche Fall scent.

I think the best Fall scent that is out there is Hallows by Barrister and Mann. Hallows is so much of a Fall scent you really smell the leaves turning colors. Then in Darkfall by Declaration Grooming you can smell those leaves being raked up and burnt in the rural areas...

But if you really must have Pumpkin; Pumpk'n 3.14 by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) is a good one. Also Van Yulay has a few good ones, but I'd go with their Coffee Pumpkin Latte.

BigD and jaro like this.
  8. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

No issues she's let me know.

jaro likes this.
  9. jaro

Im still new to all this so this is my first Fall / Winter using shave soaps so im trying to find something i might like which is why i mentioned pumpkin.. I am definitely open to other ideas..!!

BigD and S Barnhardt like this.
  10. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@jaro
    Just so you know. If you use too much pumpkin spice fragrance women in yoga pants will try to stick paper straws in you while instagramming on their iPhones.

11. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

PAA also offers the Atomic Pumpkin, which is a pumpkin spice bay rum. It is nice in that the pumpkin spice is strong at the beginning but then fades into the Atomic Age Bay Rum, which IMO is the best Bay Rum out there.

I don't know if you get the added benefit of women in yoga pants chasing you around with straws, though.

BigD and jaro like this.
  12. Campion

Campion Active Member

I don't like shaving with soap that is supposed to smell like food. There, I've said it.

I think I would make an exception if I ever came across a soap from India that smelled like goat vindaloo.

McCrae and ghostlife like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're in luck @Campion....many soaps we've encountered through TSD posts don't pass the "food" test. I should admit that some do, though. And welcome to TSD! :)

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sorry can not help here. I use the same. stuff year round. The only thing pumpkin I like is pie....

Campion, McCrae, BigD and 2 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

myself included..the only foodie soaps i use are citrus based but anything else no thanks..i like woods and pine scents in the fall/winter months..sandalwoods etc..

McCrae, BigD, ghostlife and 2 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Depending on how you stand with scents of wood, leather, and barbershop(to name a few)those work well in the fall&winter.

brit and jaro like this.
  17. jaro

Well i have never tried a soap that smells like food so i dont have an opinion set yet.. Its my first fall / winter using shaving soaps so experimentation is to be expected until i know what i like..... Thanks

BigD and brit like this.
  18. jaro

Thanks

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Well trying new stuff, you are in luck;

Looking at their site Van Yulay already has some of the Pumpkin stuff available in sample form.

Once Fall comes around PAA will have their stuff available in samples as well. PAA will release out a few other Fall scents like Will-O-The-Wisp (Dark), Blue Samhain (Syrupy Sweet Pumpkin), Grove (Cranberry), Ciderhouse 5 (Apple Cider), etc, etc.

Once released Maggards will have samples of Hallows by Barrister and Mann, and Darkfall by Declaration Grooming. Maggards will also have samples of a lots of the other Fall releases not mentioned here. Barrister and Mann issues out another one in Fall that is a Dark Leather that I really like called Leviathan.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    jaro and brit like this.
  20. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

check out Southern Witchcrafts' lineup

jaro and brit like this.