PAA Alt-Eleven Bang

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by NTR, Sep 8, 2019.

1. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I have a bottle of this. PAA says it’s supposed to smell like Alt Innsbruck. And maybe it does, but I’ve never tried the original. Has anyone tried both of these?

I’ve read about the original, and it’s described as a tobacco based fragrance, with menthol and alcohol and that’s it. I think I can imagine what that smells like.

PAA says he tried to duplicate this scent for 3 years...but he has Apricot Blossom and Prickly Pear oil, among other things, in his ingredients. So, not surprisingly, I’m getting a pear/apricot type scent, with maybe a slight essence of tobacco. Which, in fact, is very pleasing. But not what I expected. The menthol in this is outstanding. It feels different than others, so I think something else is also going on. The face feel is exceptional. Unfortunately my wife literally hates it. She won’t come near me when I wear it.

I’m wondering if she’d hate the original? Because to me, I don’t see them being similar.

Will probably trade it, but very disappointed to do so.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    RyX, Primotenore and brit like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    She'd hate it. I love the original. It's not based upon the tobacco leaf, but rather the tobacco flower. Different all together. The original is a very stately, western european scent. The extra menthol is a real kicker. I am not a PAA fan, but if you like the scent, the original should be on your "must try" list.

brit likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

All right, your post set itself up for a question from me-which is the "sweeter" tobacco scent-the leaf or the flower? And which one most closely resembles that "cigarette tobacco" I(we)got from that now defunct California company?

4. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

My alt-11 doesn’t have a lot of tobacco. It’s very subtle.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Again, Alt Innsbruck Will not bear any resemblance to tobacco leaf or cigarette smell or cigar smell or pipe smell. The tobacco flower is Somewhat bitter and bright. Very green, if you will. It is definitely an acquired taste.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I just recently got the cube 2.0 great preShave and the post shave feel was crazy good! Didn’t even need a aftershave !

7. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

My wife was on a trip last three days. I wore my Alt-11 all three. Really dig this stuff. I’m keeping it. I’ll wear it when she’s not around.

I have PAA Boardwalk Barbershop as well. Great juice but nowhere near the cooling, menthol kick as Alt-11. But is Alt-11 even supposed to be heavy menthol?

I understand PAA has a high menthol line, and maybe that’s what I’m experiencing. If so, I’ll try more. The overall experience is awesome.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I don’t use pre-shaves anymore. Are you saying cube 2.0 is also a post shave?

9. falconhal

falconhal Active Member

Just got to sample this today. Amazing scent! Unfortunately no longer on the website.