Bevel razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jaro, Sep 9, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Anyone ever tried this brand? Also and this Is Not Racial everything i have read says these are made specifically for african origin individuals so does that mean non african origin individuals should not use them?

Hembree, RyX and cliffb599 like this.
  2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

DE, SE, and SR shaving is for everyone. The difference between razors in this field is absolutely nothing. The reason those of African origin have issues with shaving in today's day and age is the same reason any other racial origin has issues with shaving. The multiple blade razor cartridges of today pull then cut the whisker so the whisker is cut under the skin's surface. This is why men get ingrown hairs. The curlier your hair the more ingrown hairs will occur. A single blade that cuts the hair even with the skin helps stop ingrown hairs.

Bevel is just advertising to African origin individuals due to the high percentage of men in this category have curly whiskers. I have wavy hair and whiskers. Ingrown hairs are also a problem I had when I was using cartridge razors. I am not of African origin. Any razor that only uses one edge at a time will work for anyone.

PLANofMAN, jgreenepa, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

What BigD said...:happy088:

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

@jaro - How much are they asking for the razor? I've seen them come up often on a non ebay auction website. Of course there are none listed right now for me to send you a link...

Hembree likes this.
  5. jaro

Well its just the complete head in a junk store without the handle but its less than a couple of dollars. And for that price i thought it might be worth a shot..it seemed very solid and also kind of heavy.
    Now just to find a handle to put it on.

PLANofMAN, RyX and Hembree like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

The Bevel looks a lot like a Zennister that I got of Ebay a while back. Handle was too light but not a bad razor head. I think you will enjoy it. For a couple of dollars you cannot go wrong. Put a grippy handle on it and you will like it.
    [​IMG]

178-bplatoon and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

For a couple buck it's worth a shot. If you have either an American or European made 3 piece razor the handle just might have the same threads.

I know a guy who can make you an handle out of a ... nevermind. Remember to clean someone else's used razor well before you use it.
    (;) @Hembree )

jaro likes this.
  8. Hembree

Just about any handle should work. Most handles now are M5-0.8 (metric) and will work on the older 10-32 (standard) threads but a 10-32 handle will not work on the M5-.08. Yes, always keeps you razors clean! :) You never know where that handle came from.

RyX and jaro like this.
  9. jaro

I plan to thoroughly clean it.... First thing..

RyX likes this.
  10. Hembree

Rick @RyX was poking a little fun at a razor handle I made out of a urinal flush valve handle. Picture below. It is a good idea to throughly clean used shaving gear. Scub it up and good dip in alcohol will do the trick.
    [​IMG]

178-bplatoon, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  11. jaro

Oh ok I didn't know that

Hembree and RyX like this.
  12. Hembree

Just wanted to clue you in........we cut up a lot.

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Looks like you could bludgeon someone quite effectively with that. :eek:

Hembree and brit like this.
  14. jaro

hangs from police belt to replace nightstick.

Hembree, jgreenepa and richgem like this.
  15. jaro

Looks like a nice although very large handle.

Hembree and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's a Stahly top end. The original handle is even bigger!

Tapatalk Spam Tag

brit and Hembree like this.
  17. 178-bplatoon

I like that handle! Is that a Stahly head on it?

brit and Hembree like this.
  18. Hembree

Is it is. I got the head in a lot off of E-bay but it did not have the handle. I just don't think I could shave with the "flashlight" handle. The Stahly head is a smooth baby. Picture of an original handle below.
    [​IMG]

178-bplatoon, RyX and brit like this.
  19. Hembree

Thanks, It is a heavy handle being solid brass but is is comfortable and controllable. It is not as slick as I though it would be.

RyX and brit like this.
  20. 178-bplatoon

I agree, I have several complete Staly razors although none of the handles vibrate. I use one of the heads every shave, the heads give a fantastic shave, the handles are a little too chunky.:happy088:

RyX likes this.