Razorock Eco

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rusty blade, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

As you know, I am a loyal Schick Type G user. I have tried many razors and IMO the Type G is the closest thing to shaving perfection. But I decided to order the Eco and give it a try. I like SE shaving and I like the fact the Eco uses half DE blades, so I will never have to worry about not being able to access blades. The price point is good, and it comes with 100 free Crown blades. I hear mixed reviews on Crowns.

Has anyone else ordered the Eco? Any thoughts on what blades you might use with this razor?

Hembree, McCrae, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I have one coming in Electric Blue. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hembree and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Linuxguile

I think the ECO will be pretty mild so I'm guessing a nice Sharp blade will do well in it. I'll probably try it first with one of the crown blades though

Hembree, RaZorBurn123 and jmudrick like this.
  4. Rusty blade

I was thinking a Feather would be good. It is stiffer and may give a better shave.

Hembree and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Rusty blade

I received my Eco in the mail today. I like the look and feel. I will give it a whirl tomorrow morning. I am going to use the Crown blades that came with the order.

Hembree, RaZorBurn123 and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Linuxguile

What color did you get?

Hembree, RaZorBurn123 and Rusty blade like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Tuning in for the results.

8. Rusty blade

Black. I have the blade loaded and ready to go for the morning. It's going to be hard to sleep tonight!

9. Rusty blade

First day with the Razorock Eco and first day with Crown blade. Overall the razor is medium aggressive. It doesnt have that timeless style and good looks of a Schick injector, but it is a good razor. Nice audio feedback. As with anything new, it will take a few shaves to really learn the ins and outs of the tool. Difficult to assess the blade after only one shave. Overall a great shave.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Tdmsu, PLAla, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Nice report! Mine is out for delivery. May change my plans and use it next week.

Hembree and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. richgem

* sigh * just ordered one in black

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the electric blue Hawk, I like having different options.

Rusty blade, Paul Turner and Hembree like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Eco in Electric Blue
    [​IMG]

Enrico, Tdmsu, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very nice Andrew but don't you have enough razors? :signs136:

clint64, Rusty blade and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Linuxguile

I don't have them all, so the answer is no

Droo78, Terry, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  16. Rusty blade

Day 2 with the RazoRock Eco. It was a bit more comfortable this morning. I still find it a bit "brisk", though I am beginning to think it's the Crown blade and not so much the razor. I am used to a Schick injector that is so smooth and sharp I often have to check there is a blade in the razor. Still, I am not complaining. Overall, a great shave. I know it will feel better each day.

I give RazoRock credit for coming up with an inexpensive half DE blade, SE razor. Full points to them. Once I get it dialed in, I know it's going to be a keeper for sure.

Tomorrow I will switch blades and use one that I am more familiar with like a GSB.

17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Can you create your own blade by taking a DE and cutting it in half?

clint64, Linuxguile and Rusty blade like this.
  18. richgem

Yes, that's what the site shows. Actually, you don't have to cut it. Just snap it in half long-ways while still in the wrapper. I believe there's a video on the razor's web page that shows this.

19. Rusty blade

Yes, absolutely. This is what I like about the Eco. So many of these modern SE razors have limited choices for blades and I always worry about being able to access good blades. So the Eco is ideal because any DE blade can be used. Just snap it in half (inside the wrapper).

clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  20. richgem

I also like the fact that the 1/2 blade mounts differently than say a kamisori style (fake straight). The fake straights mount the blade on the edge the gets snapped and thus, the blade could mount unevenly if the break isn't straight or even. The RR mounts the blade on the blade's "tabs" which remain consistent no matter how the blade breaks.

clint64, Linuxguile and Rusty blade like this.