How to get rid of stray cats

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Can’t get anywhere near them. Taming is not an option.

Terry likes this.
  2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Sorry to hear that
    Call someone to help
    close up the porch or deck so they can't get under there anymore.
    good luck
    tp

brit likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How would I close the area below it? I am open to this idea but don’t know how. As for the deck itself, the fence is not that high, so they can jump or climb on it.

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

The condominium complex where I live used to have a few cats that would be fed partially by some of the residents at their doors. Someone complained. The cats "disappeared". Now we have mice. Thanks to some idiot who just couldn't leave their neighbors alone. Thanks idiot.

Frijolero likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The best way if you do not want to hurt them is to find someone with a live trap. Trap them then drop them off to @Primotenore .

brit likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The best solution would be to get a Havahart live trap, trap them and take them to the local animal shelter. Feral cat traps can be rented in many places, and some agencies will loan them for free. Googling on "feral cat traps" and your municipality should turn up some resources. To chase them off is simply moving the problem somewhere else. These are feral animals, not wildlife, and they might not survive otherwise.

If you are set on simply chasing them off, then here are some relatively innocuous solutions:

Get a dog, preferably a yappy little terrier who will chase the daylights out of the cats. A Jack Russell terrier, for example.

Alternatively, get a portable bluetooth speaker. Connect to the speaker from your smartphone and play one of the videos below.

Frijolero and brit like this.