September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Blair, she will get a test run in the morning.

Linuxguile, jluc, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool Danny..

Linuxguile, jluc, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Imagine Looney Tunes Tasmanian devil. Throw package into the ensuing tornado. Yeah, wifey has made that correlation/reference with my name in the sentence. It's ok. Own it!

4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Danny..

Linuxguile, jluc, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have done much the same thing over time. It really does help with the learning. When I use a soap in puck form, I now watch the soap climb up the knot as I am loading. This gives me a good idea on the appropriate loading.

Linuxguile, jluc, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool collection sir..

Linuxguile, PLAla, jluc and 5 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Gary.

Linuxguile, PLAla, jluc and 4 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

very cool Terry..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stirling SEptember!!!

September 11

Razor - Ever Ready Shovelhead
    Blade - CVS Carbon SE
    Soap - Stirling Barbershop
    Brush - 30DC Meet UP LE
    Post - Alum

Moving right along let's switch to the Ever Ready Shovelhead SE. This little jewel was a win from a raffle and I had no idea what I'd won until it arrived. The few times I've tried it proved it can be a nippy little thing. Fresh carbon blade and some Stirling Barbershop for a classic scent, all whipped up to a glorious lather with the 30 DC meet up brush with the SynBad bulb knot.

This razor is louder than either the 1912 or 1914 and really does a fine job. Angle is everything to stay on course with it and three passes brought the baby with no blood and the alum was quiet. Best shave I've had with this razor. Loved it! Spending an entire month on SE gets me thinking about spending a lot more time with them. Especially with this kind of a quality shave.

Busy, busy day around here as is the new normal at the moment. You guys just keep moving along! Great stuff as I'm checking in so keep it coming. And for the newbies making progress.....fantastic job! Keep it coming!

September 11 2019.jpg

Linuxguile, Hembree, McCrae and 10 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool Chris..:)

11. brit

brit in a box

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great shot but I lived down there long enough to know that the air temperature is probably around 90 with 146% humidity. Not that much worse than here right now, come to think of it....and the view is awesome!

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday
    September 12, 2019

Asylum Evolution T Plate
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    The Varlet
    Mike's Natural Soaps Barber Shop
    Stirling BarberShop Aftershave
    ADP Ginepro Di Sardegna

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, Hembree, McCrae and 11 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I’ve done similarly, Blair. Yup, great learning and no, it doesn’t reduce tubs...

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Chris is coming from a "Mile High City" with thin air. He's going to have to chew before he inhales the atmosphere for a couple of days or suffer from oxygen drunk. Glad you made it home @Bama Samurai!

17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling Single Edge Shavette September

It was an all out PiacenzDay Wednesday. We threw the works at it too.

20190910_094642-1.jpg

Piacenza shampoo - the Stirling shampoo is all I use any more. Awesome stuff. Wish they had a liquid version.

My first use of the newly acquired body soap - real soap, not wash. Performance was good, but I probably prefer the bar soap. Also I'm trying to pick up the most glorious stank of the Piacenza, but all I'm getting is a soap smell. After a few minutes I concluded I was smelling Sandalwood, and this container was likely mislabeled. No problem, this will make it easier to get the Lovely Mrs Headroom on board. She uses one of those puff balls which probably work a little better than my terrycloth wash cloth.

Routine great performance from the economical and awesome Stirling badger.

Piacenza shave soap convinced me I have no need to commit my Wednesdays to a nostalgic box with some soap bastardized by the manufacturer.

Went with the Focus R21 Evolution using a GSB for a refresher before my new Focus R28 Slim Al shavette shows up. Great tool, the R21, it will be hard to beat.

Finished up with the Stirling Piacenza AS splash. Went to the light side sinceiI planned on doing a couple of hits of the EdT as well.

Also used the Stirling Piacenza deodorant (missed the photo shoot). Fab performance in my experience, long lasting. QI could easily speculate that it has been discontinued because it is a more vicious product than most.

Be well y'all!

Linuxguile, Hembree, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Those old Schicks are more aggressive the older they are, and that's a type A. Maybe not as rough as that fishing fly blade holder Patrick @9nein9 was eyeing. What am I thinking? You guys glue DE blades to your fingers.
    Carry on!

19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Sept 11
    Good evening men!
    Dovo Shavette shave #101 (Headshave)
    Super Iridium Polsilver 1/2 DE (4)
    Rockwell Synthetic
    Stirling Sandalwood SS ans AS
    Gillette A4 RedTip
    Super Iridium Polsilver (?)
    Ok, I was having straight razor withdrawal syndrome. I admit it! I was weak and needed my fix! What better way than to shave my head (no mirrors for the back) to memorialize the 9/11 victims. This month was safety month for me so I decided to be a little daring and use my Shavette to headshave. I made sure I applied copious amounts of Stirling Sandalwood soap with my Rocky brush. Did 2 passes and on the last pass nicked my lower neck. I thought I did a number, but it turned out that it disappeared with my styptic pen. At that point, I decided to clean up on the 3rd pass with the mild Redtip because most of the hair was gone with the 2 pass shavette. I am going to say it was a IBSS++ because I felt some invisible stubble on the top of my head. It's good enough for me. I will be using the same setup for tomorrow's shave except I will be using my Fatboy for shave #3. Have a great evening guys! 20190911_231457.jpg 20190911_231457.jpg

Linuxguile, Hembree, RyX and 10 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Ah, the city of Piacenza, Italy is beautiful this time of year! Great report and shave, Bill!

Linuxguile, Hembree, RyX and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.