September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice shave, Clint!

Linuxguile, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Thank you, Bill!

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jon. Cold water rinse took care of the weepers today. The next step would have been alum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yes Jon. The 30 Day Rule serves a couple purposes. For New Shavers with only one razor, brush, & soap it relieves them of the embarrassment of not showing different gear every shave. Along with that the 30DC help these new guys to understand our agreed upon Techniques for better results. If we can slow their excited Acquisition Disorder shopping for just a month and teach them HOW to shave, later the Enabling can point them towards good equipment.
    Your badge of Honor is ephemeral. It's those cookies we talk about. You've already earned it - you ARE a 30 Day Crew Member. If you hang out with us, coach and cheer lead the new guys then you keep earning badges by gaining the respect of 30DC Veterans and Newbies. Stick around long enough, and we'll hang a CT under your name, too.
    The guys you see that are not quite doing Rules or Foci are here for The Cookies. When we get a new piece of equipment our learning curve is shorter because we have nailed down our basic Technique. Once you do that, it's just compensating for the variation of the new gear.

Patrick @9nein9 said much the same. I stand corrected. Maybe those other guys were trying to keep me from buying The Good Stuff so they could scoop it all up. I enjoy Vintage Williams & Colgate soaps. Those were inexpensive thrift or antique store finds. When I find a properly stored puck of Shulton Old Spice soap at the right price I'll certainly buy it!

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. I think I might have over indulged last night.

6. Trigger

Truly a grade A shave, Danny! It seems that you are one with the razor from the get go!

7. brit

brit in a box

great shave and pic Danny..

Linuxguile, Trigger, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Danny. Congrats on the new razor.

Linuxguile, Trigger, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

Linuxguile, Hembree, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very nice Perry..

Linuxguile, RyX, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Joe.

Linuxguile, clint64, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool shave Clint..

Linuxguile, RyX, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  13. Trigger

Wonderful shave, Perry!

Linuxguile, RyX, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My shave went fine today, as I continue to appreciate the 'North to South" shave route(except I still drive the opposite way on my cheeks). I was upset at letting too much Stephan(Bay Rum A.S.)come out, which led to a clovey fragrance, and thus destroyed the strength of Stephan's B R-that being a perfect balance of all ingredients). I can do better, and will.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    wristwatchb, Linuxguile, RyX and 9 others like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you!

Linuxguile, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hey, what's that Lime doing in the mix?????

Linuxguile, RyX, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I have a shavette that Chris @Bama Samurai sent me when I was a new kid here and did a 30 day rule with it . I just meant the cost of RAD and honing gear will put me in the poorhouse once I get started collecting straights .

Thank you Joe.

Thank you Gary.

Nice setup!
    That brush should be just about finished shedding. Then again maybe not. Great report Jon.

Loved the pic Jim

Seen that across the street. Almost bought one .

Linuxguile, RyX, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wonderful shaves and reports, gentlemen! Sorry for the impersonal multi-quote but I'm running a little behind today.

Terry, Linuxguile, RyX and 8 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

20190911_223507_edited.jpg
    good morning gentlemen,thursday shave..first go on the 1958 rhodium plated tv flaretip rocket..a truly stunning looking razor ..loaded the gillette spoiler blade, lathered up some jeeves barbershop and went to town..the restored /weighted flattop badger equipt ever ready h40 was fantastic..glorious 2 pass and pick ups and a bbs was the prize..these rockets are just awesome shavers,little difference between this and my late 50s rocket,just was prettier..fine by me..:)..jeeves barbershop aftershave to finish..have a great day everyone..

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Patrick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.