Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice find! I’ve never had any luck at antique shops; what I’ve always found were usually not in good shape or just something I wasn’t interested in. But I always look for razors and pipes whenever I’m in an antique shop.

AGHisBBS, RyX and brit like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Kaywoodie!

RyX likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

All my pipes are packed up, ergo the extreme cigar binge. Back soon.

BamaT, brit and RyX like this.
  4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

H&H Anniversary Kake in a vintage Charatan. It’s a still very warm even at night in Alabama, but I needed to review some resumes so I’m on the deck enjoying a pipe while I work.

51463AF2-2689-4F70-92C4-E5B994FEE681.jpeg

5. Bama Samurai

Just received my pipe gear. Back soon.

RyX, BamaT, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

When you get your pipes unpacked, you should try some OGS, I hear that’s pretty good stuff. I’m sure you don’t have any! ;)

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Bob’s Chocolate Flake in a Neerup bent. Just a hint of cocoa, with a whisper of Latakia....good stuff. It’s not an aromatic, and really not a Latakia blend either. But everything comes together for a nice smoke. Even Chris @Bama Samurai would like it!

29FC5218-2C20-4E4D-A4A5-9A4BDE9B219F.jpeg

danbuter, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

What's OGS? ;)

BamaT, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's no London Mixture... :cool:
    POTD 09162019 AM.gif

BamaT, brit, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

;) ... but OGS is good stuff. Goes well in a Kaywoodie!
    POTD 09302019.gif

AGHisBBS, brit, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Going to have to John Bull in my MacQueen Ranger with a nice hot cup of tea! Great for a chilly fall night. =)

RyX, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  12. Lo'Gosh

Pretty cold out tonight, so seemed like a good night for some Balkan Sasieni in an old Coppenhagen Cutty style I picked up at an antique store a while back (for awhopping $1.50!!!) and a nice hot cup of spiced cider! Hope yall are having a great fall! =D

RyX, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Lo'Gosh

Little Gatsby Luxury Flake in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke while I do some paperwork. Think I may need a cup of coffee too. lol

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I decided to try pipe clubs. So far as I can tell there are two in the area, one in Nassau county one in Suffolk. Well I went to the Nassau county one last week and I really enjoyed it. By happenstance an old friend was a member and we talked for hours. The club reviewed "Pumpkin Spice" for Stutliff Tobacco (not for me). A good time was had by all.
    Tonight is my first meeting of the Suffolk county club. I intend to have a good time. Anyone else in a pipe club?

BamaT, Erik Redd, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lo'Gosh

I've been curious about pipe clubs. Like, what happens, and how does it all work?

RyX likes this.
  16. AGHisBBS

I just got home. We meet up at a local tobacco store. I was sent downstairs to the lounge. Several members were already there. Everyone was happy to see me as a new member and there were introductions all around. On the coffee table members had placed various tobaccos that they wanted to share. I added mine. Pipes were passed around, excellent
    conversation ensued, we all had something in common as pipe smokers. So yes I would recommend that you try out a local pipe club meeting.

BamaT, RyX and brit like this.
  17. AGHisBBS

PS. Spotted on the tobacco store shelves - the new tins by Peterson in the former Dunhill blends.

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Never knew these happened. There's a cigar shop with a lounge near by. I'll look into it!
    That's good news. I hope Kohlhase & Kopp do University Flake just like before. I see it's available from several vendors.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. Lo'Gosh

Tonight I cracked open a tin of Mac Baren HH Latakia Flake that I've had aging for about 6 years or so now. Should be gooooood! =)

FatherofSquirrel, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  20. Lo'Gosh

Sadly, it appears the nearest pipe club (which just started) is over 100 miles away for me. I may have to see what I can do to start one of my own in my area. Also been toying with the idea of opening a small smoke shop. The two could maybe work well hand in hand.

BamaT, RyX and AGHisBBS like this.