New Seven Razor Stand

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Jayaruh, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This hobby of ours delivers some interesting dreams. That's for sure.

2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Conical divot thingamajigs are usually listed along with left handed screw drivers and such.:)

3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I need to make something similar. I bought a bunch of razor and brush stands when I started this DE shaving adventure but I have now acquired more razors and brushes than I have individual stands.

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, then, that explains it. We've all been using right-handed google. :(

Col C and Jayaruh like this.
  5. redmed

redmed Member

I had the same dream. This is what I came up with. Shaver Stand (6).JPG

Ron R and brit like this.
  6. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Reading this with enjoyment this morning, particularly the "do-hickey" discussion.
    Had an idea along those lines that "may work." I'll thrown it out in the hopes it's a contribution.
    I've done some woodcarving in the past. Some woodcarvers are into "power carving" using drills, Dremels, and similar. They use various and sundry "burrs" in an array of sizes and "aggressiveness" in that. If a person got themselves a round, or round nose, burr like that used in power carving and used it in a drill, or drill press, I think a nice divot on the bottom piece of the stand could be obtained. Just a suggestion!

brit likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Great wood stands for protecting your razors Jim, Spyder, Redmed...., it's nice when you have a shop with good equipment to make some eye candy stands.
    I made some not so pretty ones and are effective at protecting 40 razors but you guys gave me some ideas for stands, I have a collection of razors and don't want to store in a closed cabinet "out of sight out of mind" thinking. Great job fellows!

Razor storage cabinets (3).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Nice, but I just use a test tube rack.

brit and 178-bplatoon like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very cool, practical idea.

brit likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Pipe racks work too.

brit and 178-bplatoon like this.
  11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I also use wooden test tube racks. I like that you can get either long racks, short racks or double stack racks . All I needed to do to modify them was drill out the solid bottom holes so that longer handle razors would sit down in the rack. They are really great for someone like me who is "craftsmanship deficient". :happy088:

brit and S Barnhardt like this.